Respected Contributor

Re: Whats cooking everyone for the month of june?

Here is my menu for the coming week.  It's just me now, so there are usually left overs, bumping some meals over to the following week.  Anyway, in no particular order:

Nachos

Cheeseburger, French fries
One Pot Summer Meal
Fettuccine  Carbonara
Taco Salad
Ribeye Steak Sandwich, Onion rings

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

@Pooky1   So today I roasted a turkey breast in my Oster XL  countertop oven and for sides we had dressing, carrots, mashed potatoes--Significant Other ALWAYS needs mashed potatoes with this--and I made wild rice as my side (some was used in the bread stuffing) and gravy along with cranberry sauce.

Turkey breast was 10.55 pounds so there will be plenty for leftovers, sandwiches, tetrazinni, and  homemade soup with the carcass!

It is supposed to be hotter and more humid over the weekend so  this was the day to do it.

I always enjoy seeing what others are having.  Have gotten many a good idea since it is too easy to get into a menu rut.

Hope all of you have a happy Friday and a wonderful Father's Day weekend for those that celebrate that.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

Since both girls were here tonight, we celebrated Fathers Day early with a takeout order from Outback.   My husband sure enjoyed those ribs!   

Honored Contributor

Grilled pork chops, rice-a-roni, and cauliflower slaw.   

Respected Contributor

Finishing up leftovers. Did alot of cooking this week because our DD was finally here to visit since the beginning of the pandemic! Made many of her favorites: bbq ribs & chicken, potato salad, sweet corn, lasagna, hot roast beef sandwiches. Of course, desserts every night. Strawberry shortcake, fruit salad, chocolate chip cookies. But the best was a Danish layer cake to celebrate her birthday a little early.

Happy Father's Day to all families that celebrate. Enjoy the weekend!

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone!  This morning I'm trying my hand at eggplant chips. My eggplant had a huge diameter so hopefully they'll still bake up ok.  Our grandson has a ball game this evening so DH and I will be eating our larger meal at lunchtime. We're having turkey sandwiches on wonder bread chaffles with cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and guacamole.  Messy, but delicious!  Eggplant chips on the side and a few berries for dessert. Today is our 2 yr. anniversary of starting to live keto and I'm down 140 pounds! 

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS👍👋 on your weight loss journey!!!!

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch! Congrats on this terrific weight loss! I admire your devotion to the keto lifestyle!
Respected Contributor

@aroc3435, Your turkey dinner made me want that too. So I got a frozen turkey breast & will cook it tomorrow in my crockpot. Still deciding on sides ... leaning towards sweet potatoes & cranberry sauce so far!
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG, you are sure organized, planning meals ahead for a week! I need to get on the ball with that!