Honored Contributor

Re: Whats Cooking this month of september?

@house_cat ---really! didn't know there were "dry"counties---but I had kind of a  hard time trying to find just plain ole marsala---madeira is a substitute for it--- but finally found marsala  at my local grocery store. so let's see how I do on this recipe??!!

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch, Congratulations to the newlyweds and your family 🎊! Wishing them a lifetime of happiness! Enjoy your delicious leftover foods!
Esteemed Contributor

Very chilly this morning for my run. Fall is here (drat).

Dinner tonight will be herb encrusted roasted chicken, roasted carrots fresh from the garden, mashed potatoes and gravy. We have some chocolate mousse left from yesterday we will consume sometime today. (I'm guessing BEFORE dinner. Smiley Happy ).

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

Tonight it will be brats on the grill.baked beans and onion rings. Hope everyone has a great week.

@JeanLouiseFinch  Congratulations on the marriage of your DD.

Respected Contributor

@house_cat, Those stuffed peppers look delicious. Mom used to make them & I loved them. I'd beg her to make them all summer. We had a big garden so ingredients were right there! I'll have to make some soon.
Honored Contributor

Thank you to those who posted good wishes for our DD and SIL.  Life is returning to normal and I'm looking forward to today's lunch. 

New York Strip Steak

Sauteed Mushrooms 

Roasted Asparagus 

Chia Pudding w/Fresh Berries

Valued Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

IMG_6918.JPG

Today we had stuffed peppers.  This is a photo before they were baked.  My kids brought me a huge basket of "ugly tomatoes" this week, the wonky ones that wouldn't be well received in a grocery store.  I cooked them all up into a delicious sauce and everything turned out yummy.

We've had the craziest week, nothing normal about it including our dinner menu.  I'm looking forward to getting back to our routine with our Monday night salmon.

@wagirl 

I love chicken marsala, and made it often in California.  The county I live in here in NC is a dry county.  I tried to buy marsala wine in the grocery store and they said they can't sell it because the alcohol content is too high.  I bought one in the section where they sell the cooking sherry and stuff like that... it was positively awful.  I have to remember next time I'm in the neighboring county to buy a bottle of real marsala wine.  Chicken marsala is really very easy to make.

I am thought,by most of my friends, to be a better than average cook.......but

i will tell you right now, I could never make stuffed peppers that look as good as yours.......and I don't even like them !!

Honored Contributor

Tonight we're having Italian sausage and peppers, baked beans, coleslaw and mac-n-cheese because my grandbaby likes it.

@Danky2 

Thank you for the lovely compliment. Ironically, I can't eat the peppers, for some reason they cause me awful stomach pains.  My family likes them and it's one of the meals I can prepare ahead of time, very easy btw.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Trucker daughter is home with us, so pork roast, potato salad, baked beans, deviled eggs and rolls are on our table tonight.   

Esteemed Contributor

Leftover baked chicken w/ biscuits and gravy. I made pumpkin fluff for dessert. A lot of quality control sampling was done to tweak the recipe. Smiley Happy

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."