Honored Contributor

Re: Whats Cooking this month of september?

@kate2357 

Do not use pre-sweetened koolaid; the pie won't set up.  

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop 

Perfect. Thanks for new idea to try.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

Making a crockpot roast with carrots, onions & potatoes. Leftovers will be shredded and used for hot beef sandwiches tomorrow. We've been gifted with the sweetest cantaloupe from our friend's garden so that will be dessert.

Yesterday I made tuna stuffed tomatoes which we had with salad & rolls. Running out of tomato recipes!!
Esteemed Contributor

Lentil soup with Italian sausage and fresh baked sourdough rolls. Marionberry tarts with granola crumble topping.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I had a late dental appt, so my husband asked me to bring him Captain D's, and a chicken liver meal is waiting for me once the novacaine wears off.  

Respected Contributor

Danky2 your food is so new England sounding and even more here in Rhode Island. I made baked stuffed lobster tails for my wife Ria and it was really good. This week I made a burger bake  and chicken chowmain that absolutely sucked. It didn't have a ginger flavor and was spicy instead of having the ginger flavor and a weird after taste. Ria said you must have used the wrong spice.I said I know I use ginger because I finished it so I checked the bottle of ground ginger and it expired 16 months ago. So I threw out that meal. And I made blueberry scones. We woke up to cool crisp air this morning and it feels great. Hope you all eat well and have a good rest of the week.

Esteemed Contributor

Going out to a late lunch, so spouse will be finishing off leftover soup. I will bring him home dessert. Place I am going to makes a wicked walnut pie w/ dark chocolate ganache drizzle. Worth every calorie.

Valued Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

Danky2 your food is so new England sounding and even more here in Rhode Island. I made baked stuffed lobster tails for my wife Ria and it was really good. This week I made a burger bake  and chicken chowmain that absolutely sucked. It didn't have a ginger flavor and was spicy instead of having the ginger flavor and a weird after taste. Ria said you must have used the wrong spice.I said I know I use ginger because I finished it so I checked the bottle of ground ginger and it expired 16 months ago. So I threw out that meal. And I made blueberry scones. We woke up to cool crisp air this morning and it feels great. Hope you all eat well and have a good rest of the week.

I WAS in RI.......only about 40 miles from where you are.

It was so beautiful this morning, I just wanted to stay in bed! !

I didn't mean to laugh at the chow mein incident but I am AWFUL at making anything from that part of the world.......except for AMERICAN  CHOP SUEY...

......I am great at that

Honored Contributor

Our supper tonight will be hamburgers and curly fries.   

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RedTop wrote:

I had a late dental appt, so my husband asked me to bring him Captain D's, and a chicken liver meal is waiting for me once the novacaine wears off.  

I'm stlll trying to come to grips with the chicken livers......I LOVE calves and beef liver but 

the chicken livers turn me off.......I wonder if it is because I have chickens !

I have never heard of Captain D's.......they must be in the South.