Esteemed Contributor

Re: Whats Cooking this month of september?

I am not cooking today...husband is doing up smoked brisket and my dil is bringing over a hashbrown casserole...which I don't think I have ever had before. I am going to assume it's similar to a tater tot casserole....which I like a LOT. They are also bringing pie, which my hubby likes and I may eat some. I would rather fill up on the brisket and spuds. 🤗

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

We are just doing burgers and fries tonight.  I man the burgers  and DD will do the fries in the Ninja.

I don't now how we lived without that darn Ninja Indoor Grill/Air Fryer.  DH would have loved that thing.

Esteemed Contributor

Meatloaf, potatoes and carrots. Will have today and tomorrow.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

It is chilly, breezy, and raining here today. So will keep it simple with tater tot casserole, dinner rolls, and pistachio fluff salad. 

Honored Contributor

Chicken tortilla soup (enough for three meals) and monster cookie bars.

Honored Contributor

Rained on and off all day here in WV, so I decided on beef stew and biscuits for us.  Trucker daughter made koolaid pie.  

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop 

What is kool-aid pie? Sounds like something my grandbabies would enjoy.

And dang, I wish I had thought of biscuits to go with the meatloaf...maybe I will make some for the leftovers we're having tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 

Mix 1 container cool whip, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, and 1 packet of koolaid (dry), pour into graham cracker crust.  Chill.

Trucker daughter chose lemon lime koolaid tonight; my favorite is black cherry, tropical punch or cherry, but any flavor works.   The pie doesn't like me (milk allergy), but I just have to sample it anyway.  

Esteemed Contributor

Cubed Venison steaks, mashed potatoes and Ital green beans!

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@kate2357 

Mix 1 container cool whip, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, and 1 packet of koolaid (dry), pour into graham cracker crust.  Chill.

Trucker daughter chose lemon lime koolaid tonight; my favorite is black cherry, tropical punch or cherry, but any flavor works.   The pie doesn't like me (milk allergy), but I just have to sample it anyway.  

@RedTop 

Thank you. Do use the pre-sweetened Koolaid?