Esteemed Contributor

Re: Whats Cooking this month of september?

@house_cat 

Meatball subs/sandwiches sound delish. It would be a hit at my house.

@RedTop 

My hubby would love it if I would make him turkey w/the fixings. He does get roasted chicken and dressing from time to time ... but not the cranberries.

Tonight we're having Kung Pao chicken w/ jasmine rice. Lemon cream cake w/ blueberries and topped w/ cream cheese icing. (I could eat a bowl of just the icing). Smiley Happy

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Valued Contributor

Last night I got back to NJ late so I stopped at a store to get some turkey breast for a sandwich when I got home. They had no more turkey breast but had PEPPERED turkey breast. It was $20.00 a pound so I only bought a 1/4 of a pound.....I LOVED IT..  my new favorite thing but NOT at $20.00 a pound !!

Tonight I am having Veal Saltimbocca (spelling?) with spinach, salad and roasted potatoes.

Nice to be home !!

Honored Contributor

GUESS WHAT! I'M NOT COOKING!

DH's cousin called to say she was passing through town on her way from WV to GA and would like to stop tonight to break up the trip. Of course he said yes.  When he texted me at work I said "Sure, but I'm not cookin'"!

Yay!!! We're leaving for the restaurant any minute!

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Last night I googled chicken and potatoes and found a recipe for chicken and potatoes roasted in the oven.  It turned out really good, I marinated chicken tneders in olive oil and seasonings, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, and thyme.  I peeled potatoes and quartered and put that in a pan with the chicken and tons of  whole peeled cloves of garlic and one sliced onion.  I cooke at 425 for almost an hour. It was really yummy and I made enough for leftovers tonight.  

Esteemed Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

Last night I googled chicken and potatoes and found a recipe for chicken and potatoes roasted in the oven.  It turned out really good, I marinated chicken tneders in olive oil and seasonings, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, and thyme.  I peeled potatoes and quartered and put that in a pan with the chicken and tons of  whole peeled cloves of garlic and one sliced onion.  I cooke at 425 for almost an hour. It was really yummy and I made enough for leftovers tonight.  

@spumoni99 

Your chicken dish sounds fabulous. I make something similar, but never thought to put in red pepper flakes. Before I had my gallbladder removed, I avoided really spicy foods. Now I can eat them again. Yay!

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

Steak, twice baked potatoes, roasted mushrooms and onions. We will finish of the lemon cream cake from yesterday. To tell the truth, we've both been eating small slices of that cake all day today. Smiley Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

Tonight we are going to enjoy some of the fish my hubby brought home from the boy's fishing trip. We should have enough halibut and salmon to last us until spring. Smiley Happy 

Pecan encrusted halibut w/ a dijon sauce and risotto w/ mushrooms. Blueberry tarts w/ crumble topping.

Honored Contributor

Steak fajitas for us tonight.

Esteemed Contributor

Homemade tamales (from our neighbor), refried beans and spicy rice. Pumpkin fluff for dessert.

Honored Contributor

For the 1st time EVER, my husband and daughters suggested potato soup with corned beef for supper on this soggy, wet day!  

Normally the response from my husband is plain potato soup, trucker daughter wants potato soup with corned beef and peas, and teacher daughter wants potato soup with corned beef, easy on the onions.  For all 3 to agree was a miracle!