Honored Contributor

Re: Whats Cooking this month of september?

[ Edited ]

The 2 of us are having chicken pot pie and salad for our supper.   And koolaid pie for dessert!

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2, we are having takeout Chinese also! Yes, leftovers are guaranteed from this great little family owned place! I made a couple pitchers of iced tea & cookies with ice cream for dessert ( if anyone has room later)!

Enjoy your dinner & a safe weekend ahead.
Honored Contributor

The long weekend! For supper we had salmon, twice baked potatoes, coleslaw and we're working on that cherry pie too.

Honored Contributor

Made smashed sweet potatoes and goat cheese scrambled eggs today. 

Probably make alfredo pizza with romaine lettuce for lunch. 

Respected Contributor

Will grill burgers tonight and tomorrow will make a whole chicken on the grill. With leftover chicken will make chicken salad.

Have a great weekend!!

Respected Contributor

DH brought home a box filled with tomatoes, cucumbers & green peppers from a friend's garden. Not being one who cans or preserves, I sauteed in olive oil chopped onions, celery, green peppers, potatoes, carrots & garlic in a soup pot while I chunked up tomatoes. Tossed those in the pot with a little vegetable stock & simmered away. I must say that it turned out very tasty! We will have the soup with grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner.

Have a nice evening!
Honored Contributor

We had such a spread of food at our cookout today. For the next few days we'll be eating some variation of:

Hot dogs, hamburgers, brats, baked beans, coleslaw, potato salad, cheesy hashbrowns, corn on the cob, watermelon, monster cookie bars.

Honored Contributor

Wow! I really loved hearing about those huge beach house gatherings with all the seafood.  It reminds me of my childhood when my grandparents had a home on Long Island.

We'll be having spaghetti and meatballs today. It's my DIL's favorite so I make it for sure one Sunday a month.

Tomorrow it's probably just DH and me - we'll be having ribs (BOGO at Publix this week), potato salad and zucchini because my kids' garden is bursting with them.

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

I love it too, house_cat, but I cannot wait to get home and settle in for the autumn and winter.

Your ribs dinner sounds DELICIOUS to me...all the things I love especially zucchini......
Not a single zucchini in my garden this year... 

It is my all time favorite.....

Valued Contributor

MOMMAVIK...........I cannot really stand cucumbers and I have a lot of them instead of zucchini.........Have you tried cooking them ?