Honored Contributor

Re: What was your grocery price increase shock from your last trip?

A numerous list....here's just one  - Avocado #1.50 each.  Also, as mentioned....products may remain the same price, but you are buying less product.   

Super Contributor

Organic Flour up over $2.00 for five pound bag. Farmers are saying this Fall will be mich worse.

Floral Pillow
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1   Your lucky...mine has almost doubled.

@Katcat1 wrote:

Everything.  My weekly grocery bill is now $20 to $30 more a week.

Frequent Contributor

I live 30 miles north of NYC.  Everything is MUCH more expensive.  The organic eggs I buy were 7.49/dz.  What really surprised me were the flowers.  The small bouquets that used to be 4.99 were $8.00.  And the medium size which I used to buy went from $12 to $20.  I find this very troubling.  

Honored Contributor

At some point the bottom will fall out and it's unsettling...recession follows inflation historically.

Trusted Contributor

Our local Safeway....cantaloupe was 6.99 each

honeydew melon was 7.99 each!!!!!😳😳😳 Eggs have skyrocketed in last several weeks....

Honored Contributor

I apologize for this vague answer, but I have to say EVERYTHING.  I'm constantly shocked.  It seems that manufacturers are asking the highest prices they think we will possibly pay, with no rhyme or reason.  As concerning as it is for me, I can't imagine how families are managing in these times. 

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Head of Foxee Iceburg Lettuce

$3.50

Bag of dark greens  $4.99

Nope, no salad for me this week.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat wrote:

I apologize for this vague answer, but I have to say EVERYTHING.  I'm constantly shocked.  It seems that manufacturers are asking the highest prices they think we will possibly pay, with no rhyme or reason.  As concerning as it is for me, I can't imagine how families are managing in these times. 

In our area, people that are having a bad time can pick up food, somewhere, every day of the week!  You only need to live in the County!

Schools are offering eat-in lunches and the Elks Club is offering take out lunches.

We also have a restaurant where meals are free; you can establish an address, shower & shave and free haircuts!  They also help with clothes and food.

The biggest problem is the cost of auto insurance and gas so they can go get food!

The "working poor" as we have been called, are the ones really suffering!

My neighbor, on Medicare, just started getting a $75 credit card for food each month!  

Super Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Killing the energy sector sure didn't help things.