Valued Contributor

Re: What to do with used oil from Butterball turkey fryer?

@ptagirl wrote:

If you have another refrigerator, you can strain the oil into milk jugs and put them in the frig.  ...should solidify somewhat and can reuse it if it's not burnt...it will keep for quite some time in the refrigerator...

My husband has reused oil for frying fish in an iron skillet on the grill...

Also if I just do a small amount of frying, I dispose of the oil in our fire pit.  It burns up when we have a fire.. (don't dump it onto a burning fire, though, or it'll flash back!).

Oh, I also ..maybe you could contact a local restaurant and they could add your oil to their oil recycling...just a thought...

As previously suggested, when I put oil in our firepit, it is not a freestanding pit...it is buried in the ground..just FYI...

Valued Contributor

Auto Zone has a place outsize their automotive store where you can take used oil.

Regular Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:
Now you'll know for next time. Don't throw away whatever it came in. You just drain it in there and throw it away. Or just leave it in there if you're going to use it again soon. (Mine is still sitting on the counter waiting to be drained. I think my husband and I are each waiting for the other to do it lol)

Mine is outside waiting for me to empty this weekend.

I will put it back into the containers it all came in and then I will just chuck it out because I don't do another turkey at Christmas. Only time I fry is for Thanksgiving.