Respected Contributor

Re: What's your go to take out food?

Boston Market

Respected Contributor

A local grocery has the best home-made take-out food.  Love their vegetable lasagna - Has a white sauce.  Also enjoy their tortellini.

Respected Contributor

I just realized we haven't done take out since we moved from PA to NM last September.   We either cook in or go out to eat.   We have most every fast food place here except my two favorites:  Jack in the Box for their Breakfast Jack and Whataburger.   Once every couple of years I get a Big Mac but I eat it there.

Honored Contributor

By the time you get the takeout food home, it's lukewarm or soggy.  We enjoy a meal out once or twice a week. 

Respected Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

Boston Market

@Regal Bee  Have you had their Prime Rib meal?

Respected Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@Regal Bee wrote:

Boston Market

@panda1234   No, I haven't but I will now. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

@Regal Bee wrote:

Boston Market

@panda1234   No, I haven't but I will now. Thanks! Smiley Happy

@Regal Bee The first two times we had it it was excellent, a nice portion, tender and was well seasoned.  The next time it was just a bad piece of meat. I guess that can happen anywhere.

Respected Contributor

@kitcat51 Meatballs from Subway, I bring them home and make spagetti noodes and add them to it , or bow tie noodles. There always is plenty of sauce. And we get a Chicken Caesear  salad from Marco's Pizza, and add garlic bread that I have ready in the freezer.Our good to go dinner and bring it home. Pick up, no delivery.My husband eats Salad more than he ever has..

Valued Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I'll add we haven't ordered take-out pizza in many years.  We make our own and keep frozen pizza dough.  We use double 0 pizza flour too and the crusts are great!

We have an electric smoker and mostly do our own bbq, but sometimes go out.  And Chinese stir fry is a staple we make--so easy--probably once a week  We even have rice cookers!

We go out rather than do delivery or take out most of the time.

How do you make your stirfry please?

Honored Contributor

Thai...Heart

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.