Honored Contributor

Re: What's your go to take out food?

Guess our favorite take out place is a local Japanese restaurant. We always have to do take out, my son doesn't get home from work until 8 PM - 1 AM. The Japanese restaurant makes the BEST ginger salad dressing. I lick the container that the dressing comes in. I don't want to miss a drop.

And I like the taco salad from Wendy's and the cobb salad from Chick-fil-a.

We also go to Baja Fresh. But I find their salads are quite spicy, even the dressing. 

Respected Contributor

@AuntGSubway is usually my pick . Since getting older I usually eat a 6 " for 2 meals --I guess that would be a 3" at a time --roast beef or turkey with most of the veggies. Dh likes one now and then if he can buy the right chips to go with it.

We have a terrific pizza shop within a block of us . When we are in a pizza mood it is great to walk to it and have a freshly baked warm pizza and not need to tip delivery.

I like KFC occasionally --breast --original recipe. I love thier slaw and never been able to replicate it at home . Also we both must have a Big Mac every 6 months or so.

Valued Contributor

@okaywitheasypay "Google Top Secret Recipes KFC Coleslaw". It's the closest I have found to their slaw and absolutely delicious. Hubby loves it!!  Just make sure the cabbage and carrots are processed really fine. I use prepackaged slaw mix....the one with only green cabbage and carrots in it....and grind it up in my food processor to the texture of KFC's. You must use the exact ingredients called for...no substitutions. 

Esteemed Contributor

Pizza or a taco salad

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have eleven locations in my town so it is the easiest and tastiest go to since way before I was born.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Rotisserie chicken.  We each have a breast the first night along with some sort of potato or rice like Rice a Roni..  After that I make chicken soup out of the rest.  I vary the pasta in that with orzo, macaroni, or wide noodles.  Sometimes its plain rice, Uncle Ben's in this house.  I've never used anything else and we are just used to it.  I would do Thai or Chinese but DH eats it under protest.  

Respected Contributor

It used to be Chinese food, but since I moved across town, there's no good Chinese place that's convenient for me.

I used to stop at either a taco place or an Indian place on my way home from my last job, but none of those are convenient from my new office.

I've done a lot more dining-in that ordering takeout since I started at the new office because there are no places I love between my home and my new office.

Honored Contributor

We don't eat out much. We like Swadley's smoked sliced chicken. We also like 5 Guys if we want a hamburger. I prefer chicken for the most part. I like to eat at home so I know what I'm eating plus take out is generally too salty.

Honored Contributor

We never ever take out food. We either eat at home or go out for an evening in a nice restaurant. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

were with you. pizza or chinese allso. could never get tired of pizza or chinese.