Respected Contributor

Re: What's your go to take out food?

My fav takeout is from a small grocery, a Miller brand rotisserie chicken that's brushed with olive oil, salt & pepper...really good & I get several meals from it. My fav grab & go drink is a Starbucks iced Carmel Macchiato, it's additive but big $ so 1 a month...darn.

Honored Contributor

When we were looking for a place to build the house, one criteria was to be "out" but not so far out I couldn't get to a drugstore for the babies.

It's easy to get to a homemade pizza shop with amazing white pizza, as well as a fantastic oriental resturant.

Honored Contributor

We don't do take out.  We very seldom eat out at all...usually when we are with friends only.

If I don't feel like cooking, I get two halves of raw marinated chicken from the grocery store.  They have several different flavors.  I throw that on the BBQ grill with veggies and potatoes.

I have very little clean up. 

Honored Contributor

Arby’s or Papa Johns.  

Honored Contributor

We make our own stir frys and they are far better than anything we could get out (and healthier by far). 

We have a local Mexican restaurant nearby that makes excellent chicken tacos; Chick-fil-a grilled probably once a week; Arby's original roast beef; Egg McMuffin for breakfast.

We mostly cook at home. 

Esteemed Contributor

We take carry out in spells, but it's convenient now that we moved 'in town.' BBQ and pizza are popular choices. Within walking distance are gourmet grocery store with restaurant, bistro for salads and deli for sandwiches, coffee shop, Hawaiian Brothers, Buffalo Wild Wings and Spin Pizza. Many 'sit down' restaurant choices, too at our quaint downtown area.      

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Pizza, Chinese, Chipotle, and a local Greek place for gyros.
Trusted Contributor

@ECBG 

@ECBG wrote:

When we were looking for a place to build the house, one criteria was to be "out" but not so far out I couldn't get to a drugstore for the babies.

It's easy to get to a homemade pizza shop with amazing white pizza, as well as a fantastic oriental resturant.

White pizza's my favorite! With garlic, spinach, & feta cheese!

Honored Contributor

Probably chicken, salad or pizza.  Once in a while Chinese.  We don't do take out much.  If we don't cook at home and want something else, we like to go out and enjoy a meal. Nothing fancy or expensive, but we just like the experience of getting out for a bit.  No preparation, no clean up!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Subway sandwiches are by far the most common thing I bring home.