Honored Contributor

What's your favorite thing to cook with your indoor grill?

I've had a George Foreman grill for years and rarely used it because I have limited kitchen space.  I decided to set it up in my garage and I'm always amazed at how well it works and how quickly it cooks.

I'd love to know what your favorite things are to make with your indoor grill.

Thank you.

IMG_4260.JPG

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: What's your favorite thing to cook with your indoor grill?

DH Loves his GF grill and uses it a lot, chicken, fish, chops.  Aside from the microwave, it's the only appliance we use to cook basically.  Rarely use the oven or even the stovetop--it's electric which we don't like, always used to have gas--so the grill is the go to appliance for cooking.

Respected Contributor

Got several:

Marinated Boneless Chicken Thighs

Breaded Fish Sticks (usually I make cod loins breaded in almond flour) for fish tacos

Grilled cheese on Challah bread - it holds up!

Shrimp / Scallops they cook quickly with a lil olive oil schmeared on the grill - and I also pile on yellow and red peppers with sliced onions at the same time....then I pile all of it on NAAN bread I've warmed up on it and it makes for a delish open faced.

I reheat chunks of CORNBREAD on the grill - it is fab like that too, yummo!

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby 

I just happen to have leftover cornbread right now. I don't understand how you heat it on the grill... doesn't it get smashed?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

We don't have an indoor grill. We do have a Weber Grill, Masterbuilt smoker & Pit Boss pellet smoker. LOL!!!

If I used one indoors I would use it for steaks, burgers, pork chops, chicken, grilled cheese even some veggies.

Respected Contributor

Shishkabobs.  I can load them up and there's room for several on the smokeless grill as there is nothing in the way, no lid, no edge.  It's good for other grilling but the kabobs get best use of the wide open space.

Esteemed Contributor

I store my little indoor grill in the garage, but bring it inside to grill a steak for the two of us. It took awhile to figure out the short amount of time it takes to get it just right. I should use it more often, except that I don't like the clean up. I like @Free2be's suggestion about shishkebobs....great idea, especially with chicken chunks and veggies.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We have a large grill on the deck and often grill unless it's snowing.

After years and years of pot roasts (which I still do make), and every meat in the world done with different vegetables, sauces, and soups to make gravy, I'm more than ready for "unadorned" food!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

House Cat - 

I oil the grill plates and place the cornbread on it - then gently close the lid - BUT I place a ceramic mug under the lid (by the handle) at just the right spot (thus supporting it to not close completely) it allows the bread to heat up withOUT getting smashed.

try it like that.