Frequent Contributor

Re: What's your favorite thing to cook in the Ninja?

Daysdee,

Basically, I cook for just 2, Mrs Camo and myself, and although I can fit an 8 1/2 lb chicken in the Ninja, I could use a larger one for steam baking my breads. I can't imagine needing a smaller unit. I've never used the slow-cooker function on it but most of my slow cookers are 6 qt. or larger. The stove-top functions could use a little more room and the steam roasting and baking certainly could use more room.

I guess we all have different desires.

Enjoy!

Camo

Respected Contributor

Daysdee, I have to agree with Camochef: if anything, I wish the Ninja was larger! I think it's ideal for two people actually, although you can certainly cook family style meals in it. If it was much smaller, I don't know that it would be possible to roast a chicken (and I buy the little guys-3 1/2-4 lbs).

Camo, I will be in touch! Yesterday I spent the day prepping peat pots and getting seedlings started: tomatoes, sugar snap peas, basil, and oregano. I need to get some chives and this weekend, I want to search for Japanese eggplant seeds....and I could go nuts with squash. I'll have plenty of good things to cook in the Ninja, won't I?

I am looking forward to chatting with you! Have a great day,

Poodlepet

Frequent Contributor

On 3/11/2014 Poodlepet said:

Daysdee, I have to agree with Camochef: if anything, I wish the Ninja was larger! I think it's ideal for two people actually, although you can certainly cook family style meals in it. If it was much smaller, I don't know that it would be possible to roast a chicken (and I buy the little guys-3 1/2-4 lbs).

Camo, I will be in touch! Yesterday I spent the day prepping peat pots and getting seedlings started: tomatoes, sugar snap peas, basil, and oregano. I need to get some chives and this weekend, I want to search for Japanese eggplant seeds....and I could go nuts with squash. I'll have plenty of good things to cook in the Ninja, won't I?

I am looking forward to chatting with you! Have a great day,

Poodlepet

Poodlepet,

Looking forward to hearing from you. With lots of snow on my garden yet there's no sense starting any seed yet up here. Calling for more snow Wednesday into Thursday.

Just wondering, do you ever go to "thefreshloaf.com" I used to post there years ago and just recently returned and was amazed at the changes. A little confusing to navigate but well worth the learning curve.

Have fun with your seed starting and enjoy those new books. Will chat more later.

Enjoy!

Camo

Honored Contributor

I have not baked in my Ninja yet, but I do quite a bit of baking throughout the week using my sourdough starter. Maybe we can start a baking club thread? I need some advice about the difference between bleached and unbleached flour.

Frequent Contributor

On 3/11/2014 SydneyH said:

I have not baked in my Ninja yet, but I do quite a bit of baking throughout the week using my sourdough starter. Maybe we can start a baking club thread? I need some advice about the difference between bleached and unbleached flour.

SydneyH,

Poodlepet was just suggesting the same thing...a baking and pasta making thread for all to enjoy. I'm sure there will be many others more than willing to contribute.

As far as bleached vs unbleached flour goes, it can be explained better in a good bread baking book like Peter Reinharts "The Bread Bakers Apprentice" than on a thread about the ninja.

Allow me to say, I only use unbleached King Arthur flours for my bread making needs.

Enjoy!

Camo