Super Contributor

Re: What's your favorite seasonal candy now?

Reese's peanut butter eggs and black licorice jelly beans.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Honored Contributor

My mom made these incredible egg candies when I was kid, I should really get the recipe from her.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

Hershey's candy-coated chocolate eggs (not the foil wrapped). The Cadbury Mini Eggs look very similar, never had the Cadbury brand but I'm going to try them.

Honored Contributor

Russell Stover solid chocolate bunnies, and several varieties of their cream eggs.
Valued Contributor

On 3/30/2015 meezerpleezer said:

Mary Sue Easter eggs 1/2lb Boxed Eggespecially the triple chocolate

and Mary Sue chocolate shaped crabs Click to enlarge

Meezer, you have the inside scoop on the Mary Sue - triple chocolate, crab shape. Where did you find these?

I used to buy the Mary Sue eggs with the pecans on the outside. YUM! Fave is vanilla buttercream.

Respected Contributor

On 3/31/2015 seehorse said:
On 3/30/2015 meezerpleezer said:

Mary Sue Easter eggs 1/2lb Boxed Eggespecially the triple chocolate

and Mary Sue chocolate shaped crabs Click to enlarge

Meezer, you have the inside scoop on the Mary Sue - triple chocolate, crab shape. Where did you find these?

I used to buy the Mary Sue eggs with the pecans on the outside. YUM! Fave is vanilla buttercream.

Seehourse--You can buy direct from MarySue http://marysue.com/

Mary Sue has expanded their range out of Maryland (PA and VA, for sure) but unfortunately not to my state yet. My parents live in the Balto metropolitan area and send me care packages.

Honored Contributor

On 3/29/2015 alicedee said:
On 3/29/2015 Sooner said:

I can't stand Peeps, and used to like Cadbury eggs, but either they are not the same or my tastes have changed. I don't care for jelly beans much either. . . or those colored eggs with sort of white don't-know-what-it-is filling. Do they still make those??? LOL!!!

Sooner, your post gave me a good chuckle!!! Those colored eggs really were gross...deceptive, because they were good-sized and pretty pastel colors, but when you bit into them it was sorta like caulk on the inside. I'd forgotten about them!!!

I like anything chocolate...cheap, expensive....it doesn't matter. The waxy-tasting bunnies from the dollar store are just fine with me!!! DH brought me home one of those solid ones last week...and I'm ashamed to say I ate the whole thing by myself Smiley Happy

LOL! Even as a kid I hated those eggs (not to say I didn't eat some of them), but yep, like sweet chalk! Don't you wonder what was in them? Well, maybe not. . . {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Super Contributor

Cadbury Crème Eggs!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

This is the season when my sweet tooth really takes over - and it seems to get longer every year. I love Fannie May cream eggs - especially the fruit & nut with the milk chocolate coating, the vanilla buttercream with the dark chocolate coating and the Trinidad eggs. I also like Cadbury cream eggs and their milk chocolate mini eggs. And Brach's speckled malted milk eggs - have to be Brach's. And, always, one solid milk chocolate bunny to top it off. Yum!