Super Contributor

Re: What's your favorite fish to buy at the store?

I usually buy wild salmon and homemade crab cakes from the local fish market...I also love shrimp, but don't usually cook them at home...my favorite sides are baked potatoes and an avocado, tomato and red onion salad...delicious lol!!
Honored Contributor

so many more noted that I forgot about - trout, grouper, sea bass, sardines, snapper, perch

Respected Contributor

I like flounder, grouper and shrimp the best. Served with cole slaw, French fries and hot hush puppies. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On 3/5/2015 RUBE said:
This is the best place to order your fish / seafood....nothing farmed ....all wild.....shipped overnight......I've ordered here for years...excellent..you will see a vast difference from farmed fish...!...and most fish bought in the grocery store today is farmed.

This! I love Alaskan King Salmon and King Crab. Can't beat those two and I seldom find king salmon in the store. I've purchased both from them and it's always great.

I've also purchased shrimp and halibut there - can't beat it!

I love Australian lobster but don't have a current source for that. Smiley Sad Best lobster ever.

Super Contributor

Chickenbutt, if my computer did not lock up a half hour ago I would have beat you to it but here goes what I was trying to say:{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

This is an easy question for me.. by far it is Alaskan King Crab and then in order.

Maine Lobster

Maryland Blue Crab (Lumpmeat)

Alaskan Snow Crab

North Atlantic Flounder

Alaskan King Salmon

Hawaiian Mahi Mahi

American Farm Grown catfish

Honored Contributor

mahi mahi, yellowfin tuna

Honored Contributor

I like salmon but don't often buy it. Just wondering, why do people prefer wild caught over farm raised?

Contributor

Cod Loins in the freezer section at Sam's Club. Just drizzle olive oil over fish and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and a little seasoning salt. Broil for about 25 minutes or until opaque in color. Moist and so tender flakey.

Contributor

By the way, we do not eat Tilapia Fish because they are bottom feeders. They eat everything the other fish won't eat. So what does that tell ya?

Super Contributor

Deep ocean salmon...

I would never eat cat fish...