Respected Contributor

Re: What's your favorite fish to buy at the store?

Mostly just tilapia, if I'm at Costco and they have fresh wild caught salmon I'll buy it. It has to be cooked that night tho, I'm not a fan of it after freezing. I'd buy walleye if I ever saw it tho.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Regular Contributor

Salmon, I can do that soooo good! Also Lake Erie perch. I fry it up.

Trusted Contributor

We like fresh salmon fillets, which I brush with olive oil and sprinkle with herbs and either bake in the oven or grill. Alternatively, I sometimes coat them with a prepared honey/garlic teriyaki marinade and a spritz of oil before baking. Simple, easy, healthy, delicious!

We also like tilapia fillets, which i usually coat lightly with corn meal and pan fry in vegetable oil, then drain on paper towels. I like fried fish with coleslaw and potatoes.

Valued Contributor

The tilapia that I buy frozen from Costco is my favorite. It's wonderful

Honored Contributor

Salmon, cod, redfish, sea bass, catfish, ahi, trout off the top of my head.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

For those of you that buy Tilapia you should do some research. It was one of my favorite fish until I found out how bad it is for you, worse than bacon. Just google it!
Honored Contributor

Halibut is my favorite followed closely by wild salmon. I like to cook a little extra salmon and make some salmon salad (like tuna salad) great in sandwiches and on crackers.

Honored Contributor

On 3/5/2015 Lori K said: For those of you that buy Tilapia you should do some research. It was one of my favorite fish until I found out how bad it is for you, worse than bacon. Just google it!

I won't eat tilapia anymore. I was shocked.

Contributor

This is the best place to order your fish / seafood....nothing farmed ....all wild.....shipped overnight......I've ordered here for years...excellent..you will see a vast difference from farmed fish...!...and most fish bought in the grocery store today is farmed.
Honored Contributor

I can't stand the smell of cooked fish in my home. It lingers forever. So I order what is the special at my local favorite restaurant!

"Pure Michigan"