Respected Contributor

Re: What's with the paper plate prices?

[ Edited ]

At our house, paper plates are being used more and more. 

Paper plates might be unkind to trees, but trees can be replanted and replaced.

Paper plates help preserve  supplies of  increasingly precious water (which is somewhat of an issue for some  states) and increasingly costly dishwasher detergent that goes into sewer drains.

We have a choice as to how to use our natural resources, money and time.  Paper plate usage can factor into all three.

To each his own opinion and choices.........

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I need paper plates.

I have used them exclusively for the past two years.

Some may not need them, which is fine, but some of us do.

For an alternative source, try out BOXED.

Their own brand, Prince & Spring is currently $18.50 for 300 (8 5/8 in) and $16.99 for 170 (10 in.)

Occasional Contributor

the smaller

8 & 1/2 inch size works just as well for us, for a sandwich, chips, quite a bit cheaper, I just ordered 100 from my grocery & paid about $6.00 they are generic, works for us. 

Yes, I agree.  The prices of everything have skyrocketed.  I hate using my cat's old ceramic and metal dishes for cat food dries to something similar to concrete.  I solved my problem by doubling over a piece of packing tape, buying the 6-7" paper plates at Walmart, currently going for $3.12 for 50 plates. Then I simply press the paper plate on an old lunch plate with the tape. When she's done the next morning I can remove the plate and keep reusing the sticky tape a few times.  I order my groceries online through Walmart and often they are not in the store but if your order is $35 or more they ship them from their warehouses for free.  

BTW---  The Everyday Brand of 9" plates is 50 for $2.28  The Dixie Plates 8.5" is $3.26.

Good luck out there.