Trusted Contributor

Re: What's the attraction to Biscotti's

@Pook wrote:

I'm Italian and make several different kinds.  I like them dunked but enjoy them just as is also.  Some Italians dunk them in wine.   I make an anise one that is so good that way.  The ones dipped in chocolate were not the way the original ones were made.  They shouldn't be overly sweet and many Italian cookies do not have a lot of sugar in them as it wasn't that readily available in some areas.  

I'm one of the Italians who dunk them in wine!!  When my grandfather was alive, we used his home made wine!! Those were the days!!

Respected Contributor

in answer to op ? -- They are good.

I like Trader Joes . I have made my own but it does take awhile as there are 2 bakings. I love anise ones. Pizzeles (sp?) also.  Especially with a cup of strong tea in winter.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I like biscottis every now and then. And dunked in hot tea, they are quite tasty!

That's the best way to have them!

Respected Contributor

I used to love having Stella D'Oro Almond Toasts with coffee in the morning. They're like biscotti, and I like the flavor and the crunch and that they're not overly sweet, like pastry. They're 50 calories per toast, so they won't break the bank diet-wise unless you go nuts and eat the whole package.

Valued Contributor

I love the biscotti that I make. Friends and family love them also. Not too hard and much more flavorful than what you can buy.