Respected Contributor

Re: What's the attraction to Biscotti's

Who knew you had to dunk them?

They really should put instructions on the container.   I just thought they were this dry piece of sweetened bread.

Honored Contributor

Just the thought of CRUMBS in my coffee makes my hair stand on end (!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

I make my own Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Biscotti and Orange Cranberry Biscotti. They are excellent. I've tucked them into cookie baskets for the holidays and people seem to like them, too.

The Orange Cranberry Biscotti is fabulous with a mug of tea!

Honored Contributor

Have my Mom's recipe for biscotti but she called them "toasts". We were not allowed to say anything that reflected our heritage. In fact, my grandmother was absolutely forbidden to speak Italian to me. How times have changed!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hold on a sec. There is no law mandating a dunking. I love the Nonni's biscotti because they are not hard as a rock. They are quite edible on their own. And I buy them in a box in which they are packaged individually, ensuring freshness and portion control if one needs that.

And bagels? OMG, there are still wondeful ones being made. Western Bagels is my favorite. the trick is just to toast them lightly.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Love Biscottis!  Well, the ones my husband makes. Haven't bought a store brand in a long, long time. Lemon blueberry, hazelnut, and double chocolate are my favorites he makes. Dunk mine in coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Delish!

Honored Contributor

When Daddy would buy bagels from Tuckers there was one flavor--plain.

Respected Contributor

For me, it is the marriage of the biscotti &'black coffee that creates the party in my mouth totally enjoying the experience of those two combinations !  Nonni's is beyond the best!  

Honored Contributor

I love biscotti and bagels(NY bagels). Don't dunk either of them.

Honored Contributor

Never tried like my own homemade rolls

got some rolls at the flea mkt the other day so wouldn't have to turn on my oven.

Yuck O tasted like flour and water, period. wouldn't feed to an ape