Respected Contributor

What's the attraction to Biscotti's

They are pretty popular but I don't see the attraction to them.  Some bakeries have row after row of them.  I guess I don't appreciate a small hard biscuit like dry piece of whatever they are?

Honored Contributor

Re: What's the attraction to Biscotti's

I don't know about biscotti but that's the way I always felt about bagels, tough, tasteless and like rubber. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I like biscotti's but don't like the brand QVC sells.  I bought them somewhere locally after seeing them on QVC and ended up throwing them away.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Maybe because they are lower in fat and calories than many treats? Also easy to grab and transport or keep in the car (in a Ziploc).

Honored Contributor

Grew up w/ them. The idea is to dunk them in liquid so they are soft when you eat them.

Bagels-the bagels made to day are just round pieces of dough w/a hole in them. As a child Tuckers bakery had them only on Tuesday and Friday and they were GOOD.

Honored Contributor

I like the crunch of biscotti. And a true bagel isn't tough or rubbery. I very rarely buy baked good though, I make my own, including bagels and bialy. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I LOVE biscotti!!!!!!  I buy Trader Joe's mini biscotti regularly.  Every morning, when I'm having my coffee, I dunk them while reading the paper.  YUM!  (I like the plain, almond biscotti.  Nothing with frostings, etc.)

Honored Contributor

I like biscottis every now and then. And dunked in hot tea, they are quite tasty!

Honored Contributor

I love biscotti.  I am Italian and grew up eating them   There are many Italian breakfast items that are supposed to be dunked into coffee and eaten for breakfast.  Biscotti is one of the softer items, some items are so hard, you could break your teeth eating them undunked.

it's one of the items I terribly miss being gluten free.

Honored Contributor

I love biscotti, it always amuses me when Chef Tony assures us that his biscotti are not hard. They are not biscotti, they are cookies.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan