Trusted Contributor

Re: What's the attraction to Biscotti's

@Just Bling

I used to say the same thing. I told me coworker they were hard as a rock. She told me you were supposed to dunk them in coffee. Once I tried it I've had one every morning since. These are my favorites...

IMG_0591.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

They are pretty popular but I don't see the attraction to them.  Some bakeries have row after row of them.  I guess I don't appreciate a small hard biscuit like dry piece of whatever they are?

@Just Bling

Are you dunking your biscotti?  That's what they're for - dunking in coffee or tea, not eating like a cookie.  Goodness, you'll break a tooth!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

@Just Bling

I used to say the same thing. I told me coworker they were hard as a rock. She told me you were supposed to dunk them in coffee. Once I tried it I've had one every morning since. These are my favorites...

IMG_0591.JPG

I really like these too @Tribesters.  I tried the Di Bella brand that Chef Tony sells and every single one came broken in 2 and 3 pieces, very disappointing.  These Nonni's are just as good as any other brand I've tried.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan because it has to be dunked.

Honored Contributor

I love Nonni's brand biscotti.   

Respected Contributor

I love biscotti, all kinds. I've even made it from scratch.

I've always loved crunchy foods, and light cookies that you can eat more of!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm Italian and make several different kinds.  I like them dunked but enjoy them just as is also.  Some Italians dunk them in wine.   I make an anise one that is so good that way.  The ones dipped in chocolate were not the way the original ones were made.  They shouldn't be overly sweet and many Italian cookies do not have a lot of sugar in them as it wasn't that readily available in some areas.  

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

They are pretty popular but I don't see the attraction to them.  Some bakeries have row after row of them.  I guess I don't appreciate a small hard biscuit like dry piece of whatever they are?

I love biscotti. I enjoy the crunch, feel like I am really eating something, I like the time it takes to eat the biscotti. Also they are not so sweet. I don't enjoy soft mushy cookies or doughnuts. Love the crust on fresh bread.

To each his own.

Honored Contributor

love bagels, hate biscotti.......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Just Bling,Without reading the entire thread, they're for dunking.  I HATE soggy! No way!