Honored Contributor

Re: What's the WORST food. . . that you just LOVE!

On 3/22/2015 Scooby Doo said:
On 3/22/2015 chickenbutt said:

I don't think I can come up with anything as good (bad!) as white bread and mayonnaise. ha! Excuse me while I barf.

Anyway, Sooner - you will probably like this one. One really bad guilty pleasure for me is Campbell's Bean with Bacon soup - right out of the can! It's so flavorful and, of course, salty and savory. This has been a guilty pleasure, really bad food, thing for me for as long as I can remember. I didn't eat it for many years and you know what? It still tastes EXACTLY the same as it did decades ago.

I actually, finally, tried it heated up with half a can of water and it's still good. Smiley Happy yay!

OMG love that soup. But, mix 1/2 can milk into the soup, heat it up, and eat it with some fresh buttered French bread, like a bean sandwich. Yum!

Yay, I'm not the only one. Smiley Happy I had not had it in eons and figured they probably didn't have it anymore. Somewhat recently I got a hankering for it and was surprised to see it, so I purchased one. Then my thought was - oh, it probably isn't the same. Imagine my glee when it was EXACTLY the same as when I first tried it.

I figured Sooner might get a kick out of that because she knows of my disdain for cooking with 'cream of...' soups. Smiley Happy I still don't buy any of those but the bean w/bacon is my guilty pleasure one. I also sometimes have chicken noodle and tomato on hand, too, for when I'm not feeling well and cooking a meal is just not going to happen.

Honored Contributor

Grace - I love candy corn, too! It's a guilty pleasure for sure. But every year I buy a few bags - only the Brach's brand (learned that lesson!). It's so fragrant and lovely. I keep it fresh in Lock & Lock. I still have 90% of the 4 bags I purchased last Sept or Oct.

Honored Contributor

On 3/22/2015 Amazinggrace2 said:

OK, here is my List of Shame. It's revolting. Be forewarned.

1. Hostess Cupcakes with tall glass of milk. Milk cancels out toxicity. I believe this.

2. Pillsbury coffee rolls with icing. Comes in long tube in fridge section. You bake em. Not sure if there is any ingredient other than sugar in them.

3. Large extra cheese pizza, with vinegar potato chips, to maintain my questionable salt intake.

4. Doritos. No explanation needed.

5. Spam, yes please. Ate this in college, cold, with mustard and canned potatoes. Again, not certain if there is any real food product in this. Loved how we opened the can with the little key. Had contests to see who could do this without a trip to the ER with a sliced off finger tip.

6. Cheese curls, corn chips. See #4.

7. Candy corn. Can't eat more than 5-6 pieces without feeling naseous. But I keep going back for more. Like childbirth, you forget the pain.

8. And finally...(((((drum roll)))))....

.......JIFFY POP POPCORN. I will never cease to be thrilled as that magical tin foil puffs up into the perfect turban shape.

I'm hideous. Look away.

I think "all of the above" would make a really nice buffet...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Bryan Juicy Jumbos with tons of Sauerkraut.

Favorite luncheon downfall - lightly toasted sourdough bread, topped with sliced tomatoes, bacon, and cheddar cheese slice and broiled till melted. Wonderful!

Favorite dinner - definitely liver and onions. I don't know anyone who likes this but me.

Respected Contributor

Ashamed to admit it, but every so often I crave a little Banquet pot pie.

Yes, I'm 5 yrs. old at heart. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

And yayyy for all the fried bologna lovers!

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

OK!! Love: KFC!!

fried Spam

all things chocolate

juicy hamburgers

MEAT!! STEAKS!!

Chinese food

Pizza

chicken or steak Marsala

pancakes and waffles with lots of butter and syrup

BACON!

Hotdogs with chili cheese or sauerkraut

Contributor

On 3/22/2015 hovis said:

Liver and onions!!!

Liver bacon, and onions with the liver fried in the bacon grease. I can feel my arteries hardening just thinking of it.
Regular Contributor

Oh, my gosh! This thread is both awful and hysterical at the same time. I love fried Spam on fresh white bread with French's Mustard. It's been so long since I have had it that I almost forgot about it...until now. I'll stand in front of it when I go grocery shopping this week and have a fight with myself about buying it.

These two are killers, literally, I think. In fact, we call this one cardiac bread. Slice an Italian bread loaf leaving the bottom crust in tact. Butter (softened and mixed with chives) both sides of each slice and put a piece of thinly sliced american cheese between each slice. Wrap up the whole loaf in foil and bake for 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

The other is called "Scotch Woodc*ck", I don't know why. It's a cheese cream sauce with bacon and stewed tomatoes and served over toasted italian bread.

Oh, and hot pizza dip with Fritos...I could just type all day.

Haven't had any of these in years. If I make it to 90, I'm eating one of these things every day. At that point, I'm gonna die for some reason, might as well make it a good reason. LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/22/2015 birkin baby said:
On 3/22/2015 circles said:
On 3/22/2015 Desertdi said:
On 3/21/2015 MissMadi said:

pecans and praline ice cream with Lay's potato chips smushed in{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Cat-box-traps

I haven't laughed so hard in ages!!!!

me,too....funny funny funny.....

I laughed so much and keep coming back to see it and laugh some more!! Cats are great.

must be siblings

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

Macaroni & cheese with smashed BBQ chips on top. I know. Rarely buy BBQ chips, so haven't had this for a while. It's an 'eat alone and watch a movie' kind of a meal for me. Now that I'm an empty nester I no longer crave this. No great escapes needed, I guess. Interesting.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau