Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's the WORST food. . . that you just LOVE!

All of the above

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Anything involving liver - calf liver and onions with bacon, liverwurst sandwiches, fried chicken livers, liver pate. Haven't had any in a long time. I feel the cravings starting.

Candied bacon - yum. Eggs Sardo for Sunday Brunch.

Egg salad - Had egg salad on toast for breakfast this morning.

Best Foods mayo

Homemade ice cream is a big weakness of mine.

Honored Contributor

pork and beans

Honored Contributor

On 3/22/2015 denisemb said:

Ashamed to admit it, but every so often I crave a little Banquet pot pie.

Yes, I'm 5 yrs. old at heart. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

And yayyy for all the fried bologna lovers!

Marie Callender makes a nice pot pie - still has crust all around. That is a must, for me anyway. They make a larger one (it's too big!) and a smaller one (just right!). I love the turkey pot pie and usually get a few when they are on sale for $2each.

Contributor

SLTs (fried spam, lettuce, tomato) sandwiches with mayo and candied bacon, not necessarily together.
Trusted Contributor

Fried chicken gizzards !! Am I the only one who loves this ? Haven't eaten it in a loooong time, but sure could dive into some right now.

Another vote for liver and onions with fried potatoes.

Ginger sandwich, on any kind of bread with butter.

Yea, both DH and DD thinks I am a wee on the weird side when it comes to these foods, but they know to keep their thoughts to themselves.

You know the saying : If Mama ain't happy.....

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/22/2015 shannara said:

Oh, my gosh! This thread is both awful and hysterical at the same time. I love fried Spam on fresh white bread with French's Mustard. It's been so long since I have had it that I almost forgot about it...until now. I'll stand in front of it when I go grocery shopping this week and have a fight with myself about buying it.

These two are killers, literally, I think. In fact, we call this one cardiac bread. Slice an Italian bread loaf leaving the bottom crust in tact. Butter (softened and mixed with chives) both sides of each slice and put a piece of thinly sliced american cheese between each slice. Wrap up the whole loaf in foil and bake for 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

The other is called "Scotch Woodc*ck", I don't know why. It's a cheese cream sauce with bacon and stewed tomatoes and served over toasted italian bread.

Oh, and hot pizza dip with Fritos...I could just type all day.

Haven't had any of these in years. If I make it to 90, I'm eating one of these things every day. At that point, I'm gonna die for some reason, might as well make it a good reason. LOL.

shannara, what is this hot pizza dip? Inquiring (hungry) minds want to knowSmile

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/22/2015 chickenbutt said:
On 3/22/2015 Scooby Doo said:
On 3/22/2015 chickenbutt said:

I don't think I can come up with anything as good (bad!) as white bread and mayonnaise. ha! Excuse me while I barf.

Anyway, Sooner - you will probably like this one. One really bad guilty pleasure for me is Campbell's Bean with Bacon soup - right out of the can! It's so flavorful and, of course, salty and savory. This has been a guilty pleasure, really bad food, thing for me for as long as I can remember. I didn't eat it for many years and you know what? It still tastes EXACTLY the same as it did decades ago.

I actually, finally, tried it heated up with half a can of water and it's still good. Smiley Happy yay!

OMG love that soup. But, mix 1/2 can milk into the soup, heat it up, and eat it with some fresh buttered French bread, like a bean sandwich. Yum!

Yay, I'm not the only one. Smiley Happy I had not had it in eons and figured they probably didn't have it anymore. Somewhat recently I got a hankering for it and was surprised to see it, so I purchased one. Then my thought was - oh, it probably isn't the same. Imagine my glee when it was EXACTLY the same as when I first tried it.

I figured Sooner might get a kick out of that because she knows of my disdain for cooking with 'cream of...' soups. Smiley Happy I still don't buy any of those but the bean w/bacon is my guilty pleasure one. I also sometimes have chicken noodle and tomato on hand, too, for when I'm not feeling well and cooking a meal is just not going to happen.

Oh, tomato soup with grilled cheese..yum! I like bean with bacon too, and chicken noodle. All of it has to be Campbell's...no off brands.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/22/2015 Ladybug724 said:
On 3/22/2015 cndkrick said:
On 3/22/2015 Sooner said:

Now some of you are talking about "good" food that is "bad" for you. LOL!!! I'm talking about BAD food that you think is GOOD FOOD. Spam, bologna, fried saltines (now that's different!)! I LOVE THIS THREAD!

We may have to declare National Bad Food day sometime! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} I have thoroughly enjoyed these responses (that cat is wonderful!) and thank all of you for a good time!

July 21 is National Junk Food day.

Could we please put a countdown clock up for that?

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

A thick bacon cheeseburger with a fried egg on a toasted roll with fried onion rings. Fried chicken livers. Kraft macaroni and cheese. Butter pecan ice cream. Mmmmmm.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown