Respected Contributor

Leftover eggplant parmesan with Sandra Lee's bread salad. I don't make her dressing, I just pour some Olive Garden Italian dressing on it and call it a day. Usually I just have the croutons on the side and eat almost like a cracker...or skip them altogether. And finally, I love capers and use more then the recipe calls for.

SANDRA LEE'S BREAD SALAD

DIRECTIONS

• In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, onion, and capers.
  • In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
  • Pour dressing over vegetables and toss thoroughly but gently.
  • Spread croutons in a single layer in a large serving bowl. Spoon vegetables evenly over the croutons and pour any remaining liquid in the bowl over all.

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Leftover eggplant parmesan with Sandra Lee's bread salad. I don't make her dressing, I just pour some Olive Garden Italian dressing on it and call it a day. Usually I just have the croutons on the side and eat almost like a cracker...or skip them altogether. And finally, I love capers and use more then the recipe calls for.

SANDRA LEE'S BREAD SALAD

DIRECTIONS

• In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, onion, and capers.
  • In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
  • Pour dressing over vegetables and toss thoroughly but gently.
  • Spread croutons in a single layer in a large serving bowl. Spoon vegetables evenly over the croutons and pour any remaining liquid in the bowl over all.

@pupwhipped , Sounds like a winner !!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@QVCkitty1  I roasted a turkey I took out to defrost earlier this week. It was one of those freebies from Thanksgiving. Not really great, but it will feed us for a while. The oyster filling I made to go with it is fabulous!  Your idea of curry chicken salad has prompted me to plan on making coronation chicken salad with some of the turkey meat. Thanks!  Will probably make white turkey chili or tortellini chicken soup as well.

@PA Mom-mom , You can do so much with turkey, it all sounds good.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

We've been away for a couple of day and just got home a little while ago.  No cooking here. I'm having some Two Good yogurt and Keto Nut Granola.  

Honored Contributor

Re: What’s for supper ?

[ Edited ]

We had salmon, a nice greens salad and leftover spanish rice. Today it's chicken wings, not sure what else to go with. 

@QVCkitty1   I love a great curry chichen salad too! Don't forget the chick peas.

Honored Contributor

We met our kids for lunch at a favorite restaurant.  I had steak fajitas - no tortillas, broccoli on the side. So good!

Esteemed Contributor

Last night I had a piece of Lasagna made with Palmini sheets instead of pasta.  Tonight I'm planning to have a burrito.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

Last night I had a piece of Lasagna made with Palmini sheets instead of pasta.  Tonight I'm planning to have a burrito.

@shoptilyadropagain  👏.  Have you ever tried Crepini Wraps as a pasta replacement in lasagna?  I get them at Costco and like them very much. 

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain  👏.  Have you ever tried Crepini Wraps as a pasta replacement in lasagna?  I get them at Costco and like them very much. 

I think I had heard about those wraps quite awhile ago but forgot all about them.  I'll have to try them for lasagne.  Hopefully, other places carry them besides Costco because I'm not a member and the closest one is an hour away.  The palmini sheets were fine.  They didn't alter the taste of my lasagna but but the texture is a little grainy or sandy.  I'd use them again though.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I think I had heard about those wraps quite awhile ago but forgot all about them.  I'll have to try them for lasagne.  Hopefully, other places carry them besides Costco because I'm not a member and the closest one is an hour away.  The palmini sheets were fine.  They didn't alter the taste of my lasagna but but the texture is a little grainy or sandy.  I'd use them again though.

I've seen them at Aldi, if you have one of them nearby. There's just fewer in the package compared to Costco. Just make sure you get the plain and not the cinnamon. 😳