Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's for dinner, tonight?

@Havarti, what is western dressing?

Valued Contributor

Rice Krispies.

Honored Contributor

Pesto salmon, fresh broccoli and roasted baby Yukons that are leftover from last night.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

@eddyandme 

It is a brand name by Wishbone for that red french dressing  - some call it Catalina, some call it french dressing.  It is good!  Look for it in the store & try it some time.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Esteemed Contributor

@Havarti wrote:

@eddyandme 

It is a brand name by Wishbone for that red french dressing  - some call it Catalina, some call it french dressing.  It is good!  Look for it in the store & try it some time.

Thanks, @Havarti .  I'm familiar with Catalina - it is delish!

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Pesto salmon, fresh broccoli and roasted baby Yukons that are leftover from last night.

@house_cat How do you fix the salmon please?

Esteemed Contributor

@DearPrudence wrote:

Rice Krispies.

I haven't had those in years, @DearPrudence .  Now I'm yearning for a bowl with fresh blueberries!  Perhaps tomorrow night.Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

Romaine salad with hard boiled egg, shrimp, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, onion and cheese.  French bread on the side.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@house_cat wrote:

@house_cat How do you fix the salmon please?

It couldn't be simpler - I slather the top with pesto, place it on a cookie sheet with parchment paper and 20-25 minutes in the oven.  It's our regular Monday night dinner, usually with baked (nuked) potatoes, but tonight I had leftover baby Yukons.  I made a huge batch of pesto this summer and froze it in small containers, but I also like Buitoni very much.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@VegasBusinessWoman wrote:

DH is cooking!! YAY!  He's a pretty good cook, and is finally getting well enough to go bang around in the kitchen.  He's making some kind of pork rib roast and baked sweet potatoes.  Don't really care what he makes as long as I don't have to cook! 

you're lucky that your husband is a good cook.....my husband doesn't even know how to make Minute Rice!!!

When we were dating, he lured me to his house with the promise of an exotic home-cooked meal.  He made this elaborate pasta dish, a fancy salad and of course there was wine.  Lots of wine. And then champagne with dessert. Then more champagne.  To summarize, three months later we were engaged; six months after that we were married.  That's how good a cook he is.