Valued Contributor

Re: 🌷What's cooking this month of April?🌷

@MOMMAVik  I made your soup and it was really good!  I didn't have the onion soup mix so I used garlic powder, a little Italian seasoning and diced up onions.  I also made a pan of cornbread. DH picked most of the veggies out. Lol. It's a good comfort meal and filling.  

It's been a beautiful day and getting warmer and I really hope the cold is gone.  Enjoy your evening everyone!

Respected Contributor

Nicer weather today so out came the grill for DH to cook bratwurst. Had baked beans and coleslaw. Sugar free pudding and banana bread for dessert.

I hope all have a good evening!
Esteemed Contributor

One of my dils brought over some chicken chili for dh. I made enough sweet cornbread muffins for us and to send some home with her.

Happy to read some of you all are getting warmer weather...it has been cool and drizzly here.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Loooong day yesterday, stuck in the house with a toddler. It was too cold for us to enjoy being outside. Today things are supposed to start warming up for good... fingers crossed.

On Fridays and Sundays I have to make a GF option for my son. Today I'm making homemade pizzas. I bought an expensive GF flour from Italy that is said to make excellent crust and I'm going to try it out this afternoon.  We've tried all the other alternatives and each has been disappointing.  This one has great reviews so I'm cautiously optimistic.

@kate2357 

The meatloaf muffins turned out really well, they cook quickly and are preportioned and perfect for freezing. I used the big muffin tins and each was a hearty serving... maybe a little too hearty, but I rose to the occasion, lol.

@MOMMAVik 

I also suffer from banana guilt, but bananas are a staple food around here and if I start freezing them it will get out of hand.  I rarely throw them away, but sometimes I just have to bite the bullet and do it.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We had a wonderful visit with our son and the grandchildren yesterday.  DS took all the leftovers, minus two servings, with my blessing. He's trying to follow low carb now too, so I was happy to let him have them. He especially liked the andouille sausages so I'll pick him up a pack on our next trip to Costco.  As I suspected, DGD loved the frozen strawberry dessert.  They were rock hard so we had to let them sit a little while and I cut hers up into small pieces. I thought a whole piece would be too much for her so we were going to share. I ate mist if the nuts and may two little bites of the other layers.  She ate the rest!  LOL. Our little DGS has such a precious face and big eyes.  He's a big, solid boy for his age. He's starting to get up on his knees so one of these days he's gonna figure out how to crawl. It seems like he was just born but he's already six months old. 

Have you seen a Facebook ad for ROYO Bagels?  I know they aren't keto, but can pass for low carb.  I decided to order some for an occasional indulgence.  They're out for delivery!  I'll have one either this afternoon or tomorrow. 

Lunch today - 

Grassfed Ribeye Steaks (Montreal Steak Seasoning and topped with bleu cheese)

Sauteed Mushrooms 

Roasted Asparagus 

Respected Contributor

Hello Everyone!   I am home from my trip to Amsterdam, Brussels and Bruges.  We had a  wonderful time and a lot of good food and unfortunately a few clunkers.   In Amsterdam we ate at two different restaurants that have no set menu.  At both I ended up having delicious beef dishes - a filet with a blackberry wine sauce with goat cheese and DD shared a prime rib with bearnaise sauce.  The clunker dinner I had in Amsterdam was at our hotel.  I wasn't very hungry that night so I ordered a salad with apples, grapes and figs.  There was hardly any fruit on the salad, almost no dressing and only a few walnuts for protein.  

On our first night in Brussels we had another clunker in our hotel.  It had great reviews for their Italian food but it was horrible and we did not eat several dishes which were not charged for.  We ended up going out after and having Beligan waffles for make up for it.  The next night we a had special dinner for DD's 27 th birthday.  It was the best meal of the whole trip.  I only had an entree as I don't have a big appetite but everyone else had a 4 course tasting menu.  I had sea bass with wasbi peas and a wonderful creamy broth.  We also went on a chocolate and beer tour and we had the most yummy whiskey filled chocolates.  DH bought some to take home. 

In Bruges we ate a Michelin Star restaurant and while it was very good I still like the meal we had the night before in Brussels.  We also had a lunch of mussels and frites.  Belgian frites are double fried in beef tallow and they were yummy.  We also had some traditional shrimp croquettes which were really good. 

On our last night we returned to Amsterdam so we could fly back home.  My hip was really hurting from all the walking we had done so youngest DD and I stayed at the hotel that night and had room service in which we had another local dish bitterballen which are like croquettes but are filled with brown gravy and you dip them in mustard. 

Overall there was some good eating and we a had a great time. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ninjawife
Your trip sounds fabulous. So happy for you the trip went so well.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

Having beef stew and buttermilk biscuits for dinner. I picked up some frozen peaches and by request I am going to make dh a boozy peach milkshake. I have always used fresh peaches, so it will be interesting to find out if these peaches have a good flavor.
Honored Contributor

Beef roast is cooking, rolls are rising, mashed potatoes, gravy, and a vegetable will complete the meal.  If I ask my husband what vegetable, his answer will be corn.  Teacher daughters answer will be green beans.  Trucker daughters answer will be peas.  I'm still thinking.   

Valued Contributor

Grilled chicken, baked potatoes and fresh strawberries.Today was cool but I cleaned the grill and decided to go ahead and use it.  

@ninjawife  I'm so glad you had a good time!  What great memories all of you will have.