Honored Contributor

Re: 🌷What's cooking this month of April?🌷

Chicken fajitas with black beans and rice.

Honored Contributor

It seems like some of us are in a similar wavelength, having pulled pork - LOL.  I had some in my freezer too, took out a package yesterday afternoon, to thaw in the fridge overnight.  

Lunch today -

Pulled Pork - will add our own SF BBQ sauce 

Roasted Brussels Sprouts 

Homemade Low Carb Tortilla Chips 

Esteemed Contributor

Chicken pot pie with leftover chicken. Side salad made with grape tomatoes, onions, cukes and feta cheese. Why yes, the salad is more for me than dh. Smiley Happy
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

By request, cube steak, biscuits, gravy, sliced yellow tomatoes, and homemade applesauce for us.  Apple pie in the oven.  

Respected Contributor

Hot dogs and macaroni salad.  It was a quick easy dinner.  Love hot dogs almost burnt.  Fresh strawberries for dessert.  

Honored Contributor

@RedTop - how do you make your cube steaks?  We don't have them often but when we do, I pan fry them in butter and top them with a generous amount of caramelized onion.

@lynnie61 - I have hotdogs planned for next week. I buy the big beef dinner franks at Costco, split them and pan fry until browned and sufficiently dark.

We slept with the window open last night.  The sun won't come up for another 30-40 mins. but the birds are already awake and talking together.  I might as well get up and get dressed.

Lunch today - 

Colorful Tossed Salad w/Steak, Bleu Cheese Crumbles, and Bleu Cheese Dressing 

Honored Contributor

Making honey-garlic glazed meatballs and will serve with a salad and sourdough bread.

Respected Contributor

Pasta salad with tricolor pasta, cheddar cheese cubes, chopped cucumber, thin sliced red onion, cherry tomatoes and black olives. Dressed with Italian dressing. DH will grill salmon; hopefully the rain will hold out.

Picked up blueberries & strawberries for dessert over pound cake & a dab of whipped cream.

We had a wild storm that woke me at 2 a.m., pouring rain, lightning & thunder. Looks like more rain is heading in. Now that we got the yard looking great I hope the weeds don't start to grow again. Enjoy the evening!
Honored Contributor

Stuffed peppers, slaw and rolls for us tonight.  

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I dredge the steak in flour, salt and pepper and brown in a small amount of oil and butter in a hot nonstick skillet.  Once all meat is browned, I cover and turn the heat off for about 5 minutes to make sure the meat is done.  

Super Contributor

Tonight we had a salad w/ lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, radishes w/ grilled steak

RedTop I make cube steak the same way except when browned I wrap in foil and bake a few mins to tenderize and finish cooking