Esteemed Contributor

Re: 🌷What's cooking this month of April?🌷

Smoked brisket, BBQ beans and coleslaw was our early dinner.

My sons took turns watching the brisket using dh's seasoning and methods. It was tasty. They both took home a huge qty, but left enough for dh to enjoy tomorrow for his lunch.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Super Contributor

Today was a busy day so tonight we had taco salads
Honored Contributor

Lunch with the girls was fun, but so evident that we're all getting older.  They all talked about their Medicare plans.  I'm the only one not on it yet.  One talked about her constant neck pain and back pain.  Another hobbled in and told us about a leg problem she's having where it's hard to walk or lift her leg into the car, along with some continuing vision issues following a mild stroke awhile back.  The last one, divorced for many years, desperately wants a man in life, looks all the wrong places, spends money she doesn't have on dating websites, and gives every signal for them to run the other way. 🤦‍♀️  I sat there thinking, life isn't always perfect but I've got it pretty darn good.  And I'm so grateful.  We're all so different in our lives and the way we approach life, but somehow we get along and have a good time. 

There is rain in our forecast all day long today until like 7:00PM, which is a bummer.  DH and I have haircuts this afternoon.  While we're out we need to run to Costco - no shopping, but we have our rebate check from our Costco branded Visa CC  that I've forgotten to bring in, to cash, the last three times we went there.  I want to get that done before I forget again.  

Lunch today:

Low Carb Mexican Lasagna w/toppings (shredded lettuce, salsa, pico, guacamole, sour cream, sliced black olives)

A green vegetable - either beans or broccoli 

Honored Contributor

Trying to decide on using the leftover beef for BBQ or in soup. Too many leftovers in the fridge, but our dog has been happy!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pooky1
Great tip about putting flats onto top of refrigerator to give those seeds a jump start! I am going to try that.

Respected Contributor

Not much cookin' here this week. I decided to redo the kitchen cabinets. It seems like I am shrinking in height! So I put all dishes, glasses, etc. on lower shelves & the rest moved up to where they might get used maybe twice for the rest of the year. Then onto the pantry ... exhausting but sure feels good.

So we just had pizza, subs & chips and Culver's burgers.

The highlight of my week was my birthday dinner on Monday at Texas Roadhouse, one of my faves! DH and DS had steaks with sides and I had the Roadhouse Road Kill. Dessert was delicious strawberry cheesecake. A great celebration!

Tonite is grilled chicken, asparagus and twice baked potatoes. Have a nice rest of the day!
Respected Contributor

Making a pork roast with baked potatoes, sauerkraut, and pickled beets. Good day for a roast as it is raining and cool.

@MOMMAVik  Happy belated birthday! Sounds like a great birthday dinner.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MOMMAVik   Happy belated.  I ❤️ Texas Roadhouse.

Met girlfriends for Mexican last night, had a great veggie quesadilla and rice.  It was so yummy.

Tonight we are having Angel hair, garlic bread and some cucumbers.  

Our rain is back. We should have a million May flowers!

@JeanLouiseFinch  My friends and I, we all have very different lives.  Single, married, divorced, kids, no kids, yet we have fun.  I, too, am very thankful for my life.  I was by myself for several years, and the single friends, hearing some of their dating website drama, I wanted to run the other way just hearing it.  Never wanted any part of it.  My SO, he is THE BEST, and I am grateful and happy.  

Super Contributor

Tonight I just made grilled chicken salads for us.  I made enough for my lunch tomorrow and I made a chicken wrap for DH.   
It had rained here non stop since yesterday and I believe it continues thru tomorrow.  So @lynnie61 we will have a lot of flowers in May!  Lol

Yesterday I finished our taxes and can not for the life of me able to print them.  As usual we owe so I'm never in a hurry to finish.  I use TaxSlayer so if anyone has any thoughts.  I've done everything it says to do to print.  
@Pooky1  that's how I did sunflowers last year and need to do them soon and will put them on top of the fridge.  

@MOMMAVik  Happy belated Birthday!  I'm glad you had a good day!🎂💕

Have a good evening everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

@MOMMAVik 

Happy birthday to a sweet lady!

1000003289.jpg

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."