Honored Contributor

Re: What's cooking this Merry Month of May?

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

I KNOW I have posted since it shows - this forum on occasion drives me nuts.

Been very busy the past few days but still found time to come here and do a few other things. Stripes was in last night after disappearing AGAIN for another night. He sure drives me crazy and there are times I get really angry with him but still just love him to death. When I tricked him and got him inside with treats yesterday, he spent the first hour howling and it drove me crazy. He is some noisy!!! He finally gave up, thank goodness, and went to sleep. LOL.

Was lazy and fixed a design your own pizza. Had never seen one of those before and it was neat. The toppings come in different packages and Davey is here so we designed our pizza - put everything on it. Very very good - thick crust. That was an easy dinner to fix.

Still chilly this morning but the heat is moving up so it will be sticky hot in a few days. = AGAIN.

Trash day so when the three trucks come I can start all over. Also need to get up from here and start sorting dirty clothes - hope to get some washing done. I do it early in the a.m. energy preservation time as that is when the least amount of energy is used - except in the middle of the night that is - and it helps. We have smart meters so the electric company knows exactly when each of their customers use their electricity - easier on the bill that way also. We now have smart meters for our water and gas also. While they serve a good purpose it bothers me that these companies can check any time they wish and tell what I am doing.

Have a good day every one!!!!Smile

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Here it is late Sunday afternoon and Stripes has NOT been home in two days. Saw him a couple minutes yesterday - he was in the carport and the minute I opened the door he took off running. Tessa said she and Davey saw him fighting a cat in the afternoon yesterday - I am about ready to give up. In his younger days and before he became an ""it"" he was a tad feisty but he had many reasons to be - not now. Have been out calling and was thinking about calling Don but he has gotten so weird - he does not always answer the phone when I call and about a month ago he said Stripes was in his house and started fighting one of his cats - that was unreal to me but what can I do. I told Don to NOT let him in and he still does. Every time I have another animal here or a kid or something he gets all bent out of shape - he did not use to but he does now. I think his first few years of life just stays with him more than I sometimes realize. He had a very hard time those years. Just wish he would appreciate what he has now but my vet told me a few years back that due to his first years experiences he would probably never be what one would call a real homebody.

Well today we have HOT weather back - enjoyed the few days of cool but unfortunately we only got perhaps 5 drops of rain. Sigh.

Went to yet another church this morning - the first Baptist - haven't been there since the 60s. Am trying as many churches as I want to and in fact am kind of enjoying visiting the various churches. Still think I will wind up at Olins and perhaps also Wildwood Calvary Chapel - really like both of them.

A bit later will run some fertilizer out back - actually will have Davey do it. Am now watering the grass and it's hot so we will take care of it later. Grass is really dying out in the back and I have watered it. I give up lately on taking care of the outside.

Hope all had a great day!!

Forgot to add I had oatmeal for breakfast and an Albanian Burger for lunch. Am stuffed so not real hungery. NOw the truth is I just ate a ton of Moose Tracks Ice Cream.

Respected Contributor

Thought I would let you all know - Stripes is IN for the night. He came ambling across the front yard - coming from the Wash with a 50 pound gopher in his mouth. (Well maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration.) I have told him over and over he does NOT catch them elsewhere and bring them here to feast on - he is suppose to dismantle the ones living here. Darn cat. But he is in.

Valued Contributor

Evening all, I have been gone for the week-end. Left Thurs. night for Lexington,Ky. We toured a bourbon distillery, Mary Todd Lincoln's family home, and went on a bourse farm tour. Loved it all. It was my birthday weekend and I loved it all. Hope all is well with all of you.
Honored Contributor

Valued Contributor

Being lazy today, need to do my laundry. But I did run the sweeper already. Oh, that cat hair but do love my Shark. It really, really works on the carpet. Can see the results in the holding tank. Do I sound like an advertisement?

Mah Jongg Gifts Mah Jongg Games and Mah Jongg Accessories from Where the Winds BlowThought this was cute for my Mahjong group.

This recipe was sent to me by a classmate. I do want to try it. Will need to get some rhubarb soon.

Rhubarb Cake

4 Cups Rhubarb(cut up small)
1 Box Strawberry Jello(w/sugar or sugar free)
1 Cup Sugar
1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
1 Cup Water
Put rhubarb in greased 9 x 11 cake pan. Sprinkle with jello, then pour sugar over the top of jello, sprinkle the cake mix on next. Drizzle the water over the cake mix. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. GREAT with ice cream on top!
Trusted Contributor

Hi Soushi24,

The rhubarb cake is something I will be trying.... so easy! Do you think it should be a small or large box of jello? Thanks!

vabreeze