Respected Contributor

Re: What's cooking this Merry Month of May?

Morning, Did have burgers on the grill last nite, really good w/everything "on" them, chips on the side, should start following Winifred w/veggies, sure is a good healthy way to eat & I do like them, will look for some artichokes this week, been having a yen for them, I stuff them w/breadcrumbs & romano, really yummy. Tonite will be ribs, in a slow oven, seasoned & wrapped tightly in foil for about 1 1/2 hrs, then browned on the grill w/bbq sauce, frozen french fries & a salad, both DD's & the kids will be here hope the weather cooperates.

Winifred, isn't it great to find a church that makes you feel good, I envy you.

Preds, keep the pix coming, look forward to them everyday

Soushi, running errands all day is exhausting, so put your feet up when you get home & relax, btw how was the eclair cake you took to, was it Salvation Army, bet they loved it, I make that so often always a hit.

Good breakfast with the neighbors on Sat, got caught up on all the news, when I'm baby sitting I miss out, house next door to me has a contingent contract on it, hope they turn out to be good neighbors, we're a very close knit community, but sometimes people just want to do their own "thing" which is ok, but I like friendly better.

Working on getting everything done for our 4th of July parade so will be busy with that. Memorial Day Parade in the community just North of us is also a good one, hope we still have some of the WWII Vets around, they sure are dwindling, most have to ride in the cars now instead of walking, God love them!

Take Care

Valued Contributor

The cream puff cake or Éclair cake, which ever name, was a very big hit. Several ladies came up to me and asked about it. They couldn't figure out the crust. There was only a tiny amout left and I saved that for Nelson.

It is raining here so don't know about grilling out, spix. Would love one of those hamburgers you make. DH is hoping to go golfing after his PT this morning. I hope too for him as he can only play 2 days a week now due to his little job.

Just love how green everything is right now. Just beautiful. Flowering trees are outstanding with all their blossoms too. Spring has sprung.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

I did have my chicken breasts last night - cooked with a big onion and barbecue sauce. Also had the baby carrots BUT decided against the okra as I have two huge avocadoes that were getting really ripe - had one of those and will eat the remaining one tonight. More of the chicken as I do not like to waste it and ate all my carrots last night so will have perhaps the okra tonight - I'm easy to please.

Went to Tam's for lunch and had a hot dog with fries and coffee - $4.31 - they fix it for me on the kids menu. So many places, if not most - will not let an adult order from a kids menu - this place suggests it based on what you are ordering. Can't beat that lunch for the price.

It is very cold today and it was suppose to rain - so far it has not happened - the rain that is. The heater is actually kicking on and off. All the critters are fast asleep but will have to boot Stripes out for a short while and then pray I can get that big boy back in. He needs to check things out and since he has been in most of the day, I MUST let him out. Hopefully since it is a tad chilly, he will stay close.

Hope all had a great day.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

Morning,

Going to be 80 today and it looks just beautiful today with a slight breeze.

Had an unusual day yesterday. I planned to make it a day of rest and catching up on house work. Well, that went by the way side, as they say. DH had a head cold since Sunday. For him, it can be major. It goes quickly to a full blown sinus infection if not taken care of at the on set. With his COPD, it can be dangerous.

So, after some urging, off we went to the VA. Without an appointment with his doctor, we had to go through the ER first. Blood pressure, temperature, etc. had to be taken. Then upstairs to wait for doctor to work us in. Nurse sees us first, more taking of blood pressure, temperature, oxygen level. She gives info to doctor, and doctor wants a blood test and xray of his lungs. Go down stairs to wait turn to have these tests at 2 different places. Back to wait while doctor gets the test results and then wait our turn. She prescribes drugs, we wait to have pharmacy fill them.

Started out at 11:15 in the morning and arrived home at 4:45. No day of rest for me. I had already signed up for class at library at 6:00. Dinner was rewarmed ribs, cheese and crackers. So much for my day of staying home.

Respected Contributor

Going to be in the 80's here today also, might get some of my plants out.

Soushi hope Nelson is doing ok now, that was a difficult day for you both. Saw that rasberry cream pie recipe also, & got to thinking of maybe doing that filling for the eclair cake, what do you think?

Winifred, that chicken sounds good, did you cook it in the crock pot? & hot dogs yum

Preds "Hello" yes I'll have a sandwich lol

Left over tacos tonite as I'm alone, think will do the chicken tomorrow, getting ready to run out for a day of errands, hate all that in/out of the car but trying to conserve on the gas

Take Care & Cmon back all we love having you here

Respected Contributor

Normally I would but since I didn't put the kitchen sink in with it I used a Corning Ware. Remember those? I still have a lot of various pieces, i.e. frying pans with attachable handles so you can use them to bake with also by taking the handles - love them and quite a few other Corning Ware pieces and also four bowl type for top of the stove or oven - that's what I used. Cannot imagine how old they are as the bowls were my Mothers and the other stuff is mine - going back a lot of years! Unfortunately only have one lid left for the bowls -I felt all were badly chipped except one so I tossed them. I regret it now but that is that.

Tonight am having cube steak - not in the slow cooker either. Will brown the steaks, then make some gravy and THEN put the steaks back in to simmer. Will have mashed taters and collards with them - so real soon I need to put the collards on. It takes a while to cook them - or that is the way I do it. I still cook the way I learned way down in the South - nothing better ihn my opinion. One thing my Mother never cooked but my best friend's grandma did - every night. Collards with little potatoes (I was a kid so honestly do not know if the were new-baby or whatever) and flavored in bacon grease. Those days are gone. I sure miss bacon grease as it was/IS the best flavoring there ever was. I lived a long block away - no real blooks in fact there were woods in between our two houses but my older brother and I could always smell them cooking so we would amble on down. LOL. Ahhh for the good old times.

WEather very nice today - still had to wear a sweat shirt but it is warming up again - by the way we did have possibly two drops of rain the other night.

Hope all had a great day!! Souship hope your DH is feeling much better.

Respected Contributor

Evening, made a pot of spaghetti sauce today, good.

Winifred I have quite a few of those corning ware with the handles, all squares, no rounds, they must be 40 years old still use them occasionally, also have some pyrex bowls over 40 years, use them all the time, DD has put her name on them, when the time comes lol.

We were 89 today yikes, too soon, but storms tonite & cooling off, got my plants out so the yard is shaping up, got a quick hair cut this AM, feels good, soon will go & get it short (wedge) for the summer.

Tomorrow is entertainment at O'Hare, for Military Appreciation Month, so every Friday this month will be there & the USO has tables set up in all the Terminals w/treats for the troops, a really good thing.

Now just having a cup of coffee which I'll take out on the deck before the storm comes.

Hope all of you there will join us, we miss you

Take Care

Honored Contributor