Respected Contributor

Re: What's cooking this March of 2017 - Lent is upon us.

They had their choice of a frozen dinner - and they got to fix their own also. Getting kind of toasty out here in Sou Cal - more like our weather. Thursday suppose to be at least 80. WOW. That is not unusual but sure have seen none in a few months. Sigh.

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

mousiegirl your wings sound really good. i had a recipe that you use a pound box of brown sugar a large bottle of soy sauce garlick powder  and recipe called for a cup of gin .and cook for 90minutes. today ria made calzones for dinner. spinich pepperoni and cheese and ham and cheese. house smells amazing. shesmade them for people having birthday partys and they say there allways the first thing gone. have a good rest of the day all.

@Pooky1  Are the wings baked or grilled?  I just bought a chicken wing book to give me more ideas. Smiley Happy  

DH would be ecstatic with the calzones.  Pizza is his favorite food, next to eggs, lol.  When I first learned to make pizza dough, I made pizzas all of the time, now, not so often.  I made a yukon gold broccolli pizza, fabulous.  I have been wanting to try pizza on the Webber over the firel, so maybe this summer I will.

Valued Contributor

Wanted to let you know the BBQ ribs turned out perfect!! for my son't birthday dinner on Sunday.  It was a good time !! 

Winifred, hope you are feeling better by now...and I LOVE fried cabbage!!...I haven't made it in awhile, next thing on my list..Have a good night everyone!

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy wednesday images

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

good morning everyone. mousiegirl i bake wings in a baking dish deep enough for liquid not to spill over.i allso make my own pizza dough.pizza and calzones come out better than with store bought dough.the potato and broccoli pizza you mentioned my wife made to and was super good. today shes making mexican stuffed shells.have a great day everyone.

Respected Contributor

Pooky, that sounds mighty good to me.!!!!

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy thursday memes

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last night, I made a flatbread pizza with strips of fresh mozzarella and dollops of ricotta mixed with basil in extra virgin olive oil from the freezer, thawed, garlic, salt and pepper, and after removal from the toaster oven, sprinkled with baby arugula tossed in lemon juice and salt, yummy. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy friday memes

Respected Contributor

I feel soooo bad - just never do. At any rate tossed some sweet and sour chicken and rice in a skillet and will have some cheese toast - have already put the word out it will go bad if someone does not tend it. Say a prayer they - Shannon and Davey - return soon.

Hotter than you iknow what out here in Sou Cal today - worse the next two days.