Respected Contributor

Re: What's cooking in your kitchen this November?

I listed this under Recipe's Post, but thought I would add it here too.

This recipe was passed on to me by my friend (I believe she got it from Pampered Chef).  It is VERY GOOD!   Not your regular cheese ball...

It is perfect for the holiday season.  Enjoy!

Cinnamon Cannoli Snowball

Cinnamon Cannoli Snowball Ingredients

• 1 pkg (8 oz or 250 g) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup (125 mL) part-skim ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 cup (125 mL) powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup (125 mL) shelled pistachios
  • 1/2 cup (125 mL) mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels
  • 1 cup (250 mL) sweetened flaked coconut

Directions

1. In large bowl, combine softened cream cheese, ricotta, powdered sugar and cinnamon; whisk until smooth.  

2. Coarsely chop pistachios.  Stir pistachios and chocolate morsels in to cheese mixture.  

3. Place piece of plastic wrap on large cutting board; transfer cheese mixture to plastic wrap. Gather plastic wrap around the top and shape cheese into a ball shape. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.  

4. Roll chilled cheese ball in coconut. Serve on with assorted cookies or graham crackers.  

Valued Contributor

Thanks, Bella, will be copying this for sure. Would be good for the holidays.

I am full of happiness today. Almost afraid to post this as I don't want to ruin it....Nelson has been 2 days now with no oxygen! NONE. Even walked down the drive and back up and was able to not use oxygen. I do praise God for answered prayers.

Thanks everyone for your patience and support. Love coming here to our special group.

Respected Contributor

I agree with Soushi, Bella, that recipe looks great and will also copy it and use it later.

Congrats to your DH Soushi. I have just had to start on oxygen at night. Cannot tell or feel anything positive to using it. Also cannot figure just how one really gets the oxygen as those thingies - plugs or whatever you call it on that thin tube, do NOT stay in my nose. So tell me just how good they are. My pulmonary MD is so very irritated with me but I keep telling him that stuff is worthless - MAY I ADD, THAT IS FOR ME - even the expensive inhalers do not help much. What can I say. Call the company that provides the equipment and asked them how to keep the oxygen in the nose. The lady - while nice - had no clue as she said she had never heard of such a thing. Huh?

Have a roast on - what else. Not sure yet just how it will be cooked other than in the slow cooker - was so tired did not feel up to slicing an onion - may do it later.

Hope all are having a great day.

Respected Contributor

I did cut up an onion for that roast. Also had rice mixed with green peas and the remainder of the broccoli from the night before - not much left but a good way to use it up.  Also tossed a packet of seasoner for a pot roast in the cooker. Was very tasty. Only thing left is roast - actually enough for another meal providing Davey leaves it alone.

Hope all have a good day - and eat well.

Honored Contributor

@Fribwl wrote:

Spix/Preds

I like the sliced bananas in my jello. I make it for my grandson.

I always put sliced bananas in my strawberry jello!  Love it. Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

Morning,

Winifred, what about using that paper tape to tape the tubing to your face? Just a thought, it might work.

I copied this yesterday. It had pictures that made it easier to understand but looks so good. Will try it when have some company.

Cheese Danish Braid

Yield: 1 braid

Ingredients

1 (8 oz.) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls

1/2 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened

1 egg

2 tablespoons sugar

all-purpose flour, as needed

Directions

Preheat oven to 375º F.

In a large bowl, combine softened cream cheese, egg and sugar together. Mix until fully incorporated, then set aside.

Without separating them, roll out crescent rolls into a large rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Use your fingers to pinch seams together so they don’t separate.

Using a rotary cutter or a knife, cut 10-11 strips along both long edges of dough, making sure to leave a wide strip in the middle for your cheese filling.

Pour cheese filling into the middle of dough; don’t over-pour. (Cut strips should extend from the sides.)

Starting at one end, overlap strips to create a braid, making sure to seal edges.

Carefully transfer braid to baking sheet and place in oven. Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown.

Optional: take remaining cheese filling and place it in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring continuously, until sauce has thickened. Pour sauce over danish.

So happy, this is day 3 of no oxygen for Nelson. It is much cooler here with frost this morning. Don't know if that has anything to do with it. Just one day at a time.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Respected Contributor

@Preds wrote:

@Fribwl wrote:

Spix/Preds

I like the sliced bananas in my jello. I make it for my grandson.

I always put sliced bananas in my strawberry jello!  Love it. Smiley Happy

OOH strawberries & bananas as good as baanas & chocolate  YUM!

My favorite pie is strawberry/banana, unusual but oh so good

Trusted Contributor

So glad to hear your hubby was able to go without his oxygen for a while. I always put bananas in my strawberry jello too. Yum I got my new Voyage yesterday. What a sweet device. I'm in love with it. You can't believe how light it is

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last night my husband roasted a chicken with garlic, cippolini onions and veggies for dinner because I wasn't feeling well. Tonight I made fried chicken, cream biscuits and mashed potatoes. I had two whole chickens in the fridge I needed to cook so at least those are out of the way now. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Sushi24...

That "Danish Recipe", sounds really good and easy too.   Just up my alley.

Hope everyone is doing well?  One day at a time...God Bless!