Valued Contributor

What's cooking in your kitchen this November?

Yes, we are now heading into Thanksgiving. How did that happen? I lost most of the Spring and Summer. Fall sped by and now we are looking at the holidays already. Guess it means I'm getting old!

No cooking yesterday but today, I'm cooking a whole chicken. Will be making chicken and noodles for families from church who have a need for meals.

I need to package and freeze meals for 5 families. Will be interesting to see what else everybody is bringing to add to the menu.

No idea what we will have for dinner tonight. Sure hate this daylight savings time. I'm so confused and our wonderful politicians decided we will change back again in 4 months. Grrr.

Weather is wonderful for the next 5 days...in the 70's. I couldn't be happier! DH is on the golf course.

Best to all, enjoy this day.

Respected Contributor

Re: What's cooking in your kitchen this November?

Well tonight...This is what is cooking in my kitchen.

Boneless pork chops with homemade apple sauce, and homemade scalloped potatoes.  

Super Contributor

I can't believe it but after over 30 years of cooking for a large crowd, I was invited to my daughters mother-in-laws for thanksgiving.  And then my daughter is having all of us for Christmas.  How did I get so lucky? L.O.L.

i will be bringing appetizers and chocolate cream pies.  Easy holidays for me

Valued Contributor

You hit the jackpot, Fribwl. Now those chocolate pies do sound good! Do you have a favorite recipe for them? Would you like to share?

Valued Contributor

Bellabutterfly, you do have a good sounding menu. Homemade applesauce, sounds delicious.

DH loves pork chops and I haven't made them for quite awhile. You just reminded me, I need to pick some up and surprise him.

Valued Contributor

Worked hard yesterday. Used our big carpet cleaner to hit the worst spots in my carpet, that keep coming back. I need new carpet, this house is 19 years old.

Made chicken and noodles in big cooker (Cook's Essentials ,Remember those, Winifred?). I made enough for 10 meals, some for two people, some for one or 3. That was a lot of noodles. They are frozen now. Will take them to Bible study tomorrow where we will package up meals for those that are sick or recovering from surgery.

Have thawed beef roast and hamburger ready for cooking sometime soon. Still wanting to make veggie soup but weather will be in 70's next couple of days. And I'm loving it. Sat outside yesterday just to enjoy it.

Respected Contributor

Thanx for the November start @Soushi24, & funny that I'm having pork chops & homemade applesauce (I made a few weeks ago & froze some) with this wonderful weather I'm cooking the chops on the grill, & of course fried noodles go with.

Welcome to @Fribwl@Bellabutterfly, glad you joined us, it's a nice place to be, we don't always have recipes but love when we do, sometimes we just chat

Take Care

Respected Contributor

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

What's cooking in my kitchen for dinner tonight:

"Homemade Chicken and Dumplings"...

I have not made this in years...So far looking very good.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't make them from scratch.  I simply buy a graham cracker pie crust, fill it with cook and serve chocolate pudding and refrigerate.  I also buy Reddi Wip and put it on each slice when serving.  Easy as pie! Lol.  Have it at your house or bring it to someone's house and I guarantee it will all go.  It amazes me.

Respected Contributor

Thank you everyone...For the "Great Welcome"!  

This looks like fun posting area...I love to cook.  I learned everything about cooking and baking from my Mother.  She is a great cook and baker.  She will be 87 years old next month so she does very little cooking if none any longer...I have all her recipies...They are my Gold.