Respected Contributor

Re: What's cooking in your home in July 2019?

Pooky1 you may want to look online for Early white scallop squash. We just called it white squash but what has surprised me is you can find it now sometimes as a little bitty thing - weird. Use to be super plentiful. It is soooo good. If you find it you may want to try it - you would love it.

Much cooler this morning but am sure the heat will zap us again - actually the humidity is doing the zapping. Terrible.

Have two MD trips today - my primary care physician and then back to Redlands for another Radiation treatment.

Being the nosey person that I am, trying to figure out what a neighbor is now doing with animals at all hours of the day and night. He is a super nice person but has some strange activities. LOL. Six this morning a van pulls up, two people get out and go to his house THEN back to the "Van with a super fat dog. Some kind of bull dog I believe. There are times a couple cars are there, sometimes they stay for a couple hours, out on the street, smoking and drinking sodas and then toss everything when they are ready to leave. He was raising pit bulls one time and the City shut him down on that and a couple other activities. He is really a super nice guy but has some strange activities. You just do not always see activities at a home - with animals - early morning and in the evening also. Oh well.

Hope all have a great day and keep your fingers crossed the humidity will stay down a bit - the news on TV did say it would do that. Hmn - we shall see.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

So since I was out doing errands at lunchtime , I stopped at Burger King. I wanted to try their taco and the pulled pork sandwich . The taco was $1 and was "okay" but the pulled pork was $7 ( nothing with it) and was really not very good. It tasted like it smelled and didn't smell very good. Will I ever learn my lesson ?

Respected Contributor

Burger King usually has pretty good "fast food" - sorry to hear their new choices aren't that way.

Stinking humid already - not looking forward to the weekend - all TV weather reports say it will be horrible here this weekend. Sou Cal has sure changed - like Burger King I guess.

Stay cool everyone

Honored Contributor

Among all the burger joints out there, I will only grab a fast food burger from Burger King @Winifred   I like the whopper junior, with cheese, no mayo, heavy pickles.  If not the whopper then a cheeseburger off of the value menu.  I like their onion rings if freshly made and that zesty sauce they give you with the onion rings is divine.  I don't eat there often but it's worth the gas I get later when I do get a craving Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

@Bird mama It is one of my favorites also. Love their onion rings . They once offered hot dogs that were absolutely to die for. I used to buy 4-5 at a time to bring home since my BK is quite a distance away. Their pulled pork and tacos not so good.

My all time favorite is Wendy's but I watch carbs so don't get anything very often.

Tonight am having Old Fashioned clam bake.

Honored Contributor

Everything posters here make sounds so good.  I cook for myself every day, but so many people I know seldom cook.  Personally, I cannot understand that.   I enjoy reading what everyone has "on their menu."  Sounds like a lot of good cooks here.

Respected Contributor

There won"t be much cooking done this next week as DH is gone for 10 days.I haunt the deli and fast food joints when he"s gone.I hope everyone has a great week-end and this coming week.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

There won"t be much cooking done this next week as DH is gone for 10 days.I haunt the deli and fast food joints when he"s gone.I hope everyone has a great week-end and this coming week.

@hellie jo   LOL!  The August thread is up. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

DH mades baby back ribs again today. Yum!!! I ate a couple with an apple plus a salad.

Pit Boss Ribs_resized.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

DH mades baby back ribs again today. Yum!!! I ate a couple with an apple plus a salad.

Pit Boss Ribs_resized.jpg

@Nightowlz   Sounds yummy.  The August thread is up now.