Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: What's cooking in your home in July 2019?

good afternoon everyone.  redtop i remember when my brother had a monday thru friday run from rhode island to new york run . he loved it but he moved back like a year later and job wasnt available so he had gotten a job driving a truck for and over the road. he hated never being home. he said i lost a real good job to move away.starting tomorrow hot in the 90s and very humid into sunday. hate it. maria made italian tuna tomato salad with french fries and italian fresh buns. very good. hope everyone has a great week.

Honored Contributor

DH is making steakburgers & brats on the grill tonight.

It's too hot to cook indoors.

Respected Contributor

sounds good. my wife will not put the oven on in the summer. she plans all her summer meals not to be cooked in oven.

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

sounds good. my wife will not put the oven on in the summer. she plans all her summer meals not to be cooked in oven.

@Pooky1   I don't use the oven in summer either, so use a toaster/convection oven

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

good afternoon everyone.  redtop i remember when my brother had a monday thru friday run from rhode island to new york run . he loved it but he moved back like a year later and job wasnt available so he had gotten a job driving a truck for and over the road. he hated never being home. he said i lost a real good job to move away.starting tomorrow hot in the 90s and very humid into sunday. hate it. maria made italian tuna tomato salad with french fries and italian fresh buns. very good. hope everyone has a great week.

Hi @Pooky1 ----hope you, Maria and Anna are enjoying your summer.....this weekend you'll spend a lot of time in the pool ! I usually go once and stay until Sept/Oct, but when I do have to drive from Watch Hill to NJ it seems like it takes FOREVER ! 

Please tell me how to make the Italian Tuna Tomato Salad......I am a big tuna eater......

Yesterday I made a creamed spinach casserole that I found on line .....threw eggs, spinach, cottage cheese, flour, milk, butter, cheddar cheese, mushrooms into slow cooker and had it tonight with boneless, skinless chicken thighs cooked in pan.....VERY, VERY GOOD !

Trusted Contributor

• Hi @Danky ,  would you tell me the site where you found the slow cooker creamed spinach casserole recipe, please?  I'm all for using my slow cooker in the summer and I know I would enjoy this dish.  Thank you.

Respected Contributor

@vabreeze wrote:
  • Hi @Danky ,  would you tell me the site where you found the slow cooker creamed spinach casserole recipe, please?  I'm all for using my slow cooker in the summer and I know I would enjoy this dish.  Thank you.

@vabreeze ......the recipe came from Allrecipes.  I pretty much followed the recipe but used 2-12 oz spinach, a can of garlic roasted cream of mushroom soup, NO salt, a little pepper and sharp cheddar cheese as well as everything else in the recipe.

hope you like as much as I did !

Respected Contributor

good afternoon everyone. danky,  she puts cut up tomatoes, celery,and black italian olives, anise ,cucumber,fresh basil that i picked while she was making salad ,white tuna salt pepper and olive oil.  really whatever she like really.   her mom puts onion and peppers  in hers but maria dont pit it in hers. today we had a chicken wrap sandwich with ranch dressing lettuce tomatoes corn and black beans and i mixed ranch dressing with taco sauce. very good.we have been eatting supper lately. she made a bowl of chicken salad and i fried 3 eggplants for eggplant parm.those are for sandwiches at night. hope everyone has a great night.

Trusted Contributor

@Danky ,  

Many thanks!!!  I will incorporate your tips when I make mine.  I'm not familiar with GARLIC ROASTED cream of mushroom soup but I anticipate that it will add a nice zip to the dish.

Honored Contributor

Last night was scallops and tiny halved crisped new potatoes on top of wilted lettuce, it didn't wilt, lol, dressed only with some bacon rendering, tossed the majority of the fat, and shallots, nothing else added.

I will be going through the freezer to see if I can find something easy for tonight, and reorganizing, what a joke, lol, never seems much better, still packed.

Have a great weekend!