Honored Contributor

Re: What's cooking in your home in July 2019?

Tonight was pineapple/pork sausages with potato salad and sliced tomatoes for DH.  Whenever I think of the potato salad, my mouth waters, said to myself that I make the best potato salad, lol, and ate some, wasn't planning on it, and a sausage.

I am going to keep making it during the summer to be eaten every two-three days, sometimes I eat it for breakfast, as it is nice to have on hand.  It takes a few hours to make, but worth it.

Very nice weather, but next week or so the heat arrives, dreading it so, but it will be good for the tomatoes and veges.

Honored Contributor

I found an awesome mark down price on a small rib roast, which is in the oven now.  Adding a combo of roasted veggies and sliced tomatoes for the 2 of us for dinner.

Honored Contributor

Pinto beans, corn muffins, and wilted lettuce for our supper.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pasta salad from Aldi's - Super good. Fresh and Zesty Rotina. Sampled it - really good.

Respected Contributor

This evening we had BBQ ribs.baked beans and tomato & cucumber salad.

.Hope everyone has a wonderful week-end.

Honored Contributor

We had a light breakfast and lunch. For Saturday night's meal it was marinated salmon, broccoli/cauliflower salad and potato salad. I think deli salads are too costly, so I made the salads from scratch - my DH likes them too.

Honored Contributor

Trucker daughter is home for 24 hrs, so am glad I went to the grocery store yesterday! We're eating much earlier today, and are having pulled pork, rice and gravy, cauliflower salad, squash and sliced cucumbers.
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

We had a light breakfast and lunch. For Saturday night's meal it was marinated salmon, broccoli/cauliflower salad and potato salad. I think deli salads are too costly, so I made the salads from scratch - my DH likes them too.

@AuntG   Home made is always best, get a lot more for leftovers too, my best friend, lol.

Honored Contributor

After church I fixed roasted veggies and grilled some chicken....so good!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought a case of the large cans of cannellini beans from amazon to put in soups, but decided I had better find other uses for summer, so last night, I rinsed a can, added oregano and basil from my garden,tomatoes,diced red onion, extra virgin olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt,  pepper,, lemon juice and red wine vinegar.  It could have used parsley but didn't have it.

I toasted Acme sour batard slices and painted them with some olive oil, and when removed from oven, rubbed with a garlic clove, then topped with the bean mixture.  I thought there would be lots left, but we finished the bread and the beans, lol, so good.  I told DH that I hoped we didn't explode during the night, but no after effects, so far.

I intend to make lots of bruschettas this summer with different toppings.