Trusted Contributor

Re: What's cooking in your home in July 2019?

@mousiegirl 

I am envious.  I don’t think there is anything better than fresh berries with whipping cream.  

I was tired when I got home from MRI appointment so, I ordered a salami and onion pizza.  Hope I don’t regret later tonight or tomorrow!  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

good morning everyone. mousiegirl. yes she puts red pepper flakes and some times she puts some garlic powder. she reapplys it like weekly.

Honored Contributor

@trenet wrote:

@mousiegirl 

I am envious.  I don’t think there is anything better than fresh berries with whipping cream.  

I was tired when I got home from MRI appointment so, I ordered a salami and onion pizza.  Hope I don’t regret later tonight or tomorrow!  

@trenet   I agree re the berries.  I used to make a lemon curd sauce for fresh berries and then top with whipped cream, delicious.  Lol, I know what you mean re pizza.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our supper was turkey and gravy, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, corn and salad.   

Respected Contributor

Hello everyone - as is beginning to be the case, not much cooking being done here. Sure makes a difference when there are no kids here. Sad in so many ways, but easier on this old soul.

Am again planning to fix veggies in a WOK - really enjoy them and they are easy to fix and always taste good!!!

Hope all have had a good day

Respected Contributor

good afternoon everyone. winifred. you didnt mention anything about the earthquakes so that means you were unaffected so that good and i hope everyone else is ok to.yestauday maria made a vegi and bacon chowder and today chicken cutlets and mashed potatoes both very good.i had a bag of strawberries and a bag of rhubard in the freezer so i cooked the rhubarb with orange juice, sugar i then processed it so it was smooth and not stringy and chilled it. i cut up strawberrys and mixed with sugar made whipped creme. we layered it in serving dish. it came out really good. hope everyone has  great rest or the week.

Honored Contributor

DH finally bought a pellet grill. He's been off since the 3rd & goes back to work Mon. He's making a whole chicken he quartered & bbq wings on the pellet grill today. 

Have potato salad, creamed corn, bbq beans, jalapeno poppers & salad for me for sides. Will have enough to eat til he goes back to work except he wants to make a steak this weekend.

I also have some watermelon, honeycrisp apples, red grapes & bananas. Yum!!! I rather eat fruit than all the sides.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

DH finally bought a pellet grill. He's been off since the 3rd & goes back to work Mon. He's making a whole chicken he quartered & bbq wings on the pellet grill today. 

Have potato salad, creamed corn, bbq beans, jalapeno poppers & salad for me for sides. Will have enough to eat til he goes back to work except he wants to make a steak this weekend.

I also have some watermelon, honeycrisp apples, red grapes & bananas. Yum!!! I rather eat fruit than all the sides.

@Nightowlz ......
I LOVE fruit......currently have bananas, clementines, cherries, grapes, watermelon, honeydew, mangoes, UFO peaches.......what is a pellet grill ?

Honored Contributor

@Danky wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Nightowlz ......
I LOVE fruit......currently have bananas, clementines, cherries, grapes, watermelon, honeydew, mangoes, UFO peaches.......what is a pellet grill ?

@Danky 

Still trying to get good peaches here. Cunningham's out of Colorado always bring in some twice during the season but not until next month.

Waiting to see if a guy goes to get another load so we can get some from him until Cunningham's delivers.

I don't buy peaches at the grocery store. We wait on these & buy them by the case.

A pellet grill that uses wood pellets for the smoking method. They make them by Treager, Pit Boss Rec Tech etc. He bought the Pit Boss since it has a flame broiler on it he wants to use when he cooks steaks etc. It won't have as much smoke flavor but at my age that's the way I have to eat it now.

He gave his huge offset smoker to his nephew.

Respected Contributor

Pooky1 for the first time since I have moved to California - 1960 - I NEVER felt either earthquake. Weird.