Honored Contributor

What's cooking in your home in July 2019?

[ Edited ]

Last night was tomato, mozzarella and herbs, balsamic vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil bruschetta, so good, going to make many varieities during hot weather.

Tonight will be grilled chicken breasts with cheese in french rolls, I will skip the rolls, ate too much fresh Acme Italian last night, lol.

Honored Contributor

Re: What's cooking in your home in July 2019?

Since this is the last day of June, I am broiling a beef hot dog and will have pork & beans on the side.  For July, lots of fresh veggies, including corn on the cob, tomato, basil & fresh mozarella salad.  Grilled chicken and lean beef.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  I think I'd do better if I just came over and ate at your house.  😂

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GCR18 wrote:

@mousiegirl  I think I'd do better if I just came over and ate at your house.  😂

@GCR18   LOL, you are welcome.  Actually, now I look for easy meals as opposed to many years ago when I would spend a week cooking for a party.

Respected Contributor

We are hoping to get a grill this week.   If so, we'll put various things on it and either make or buy Trader Joe's packaged salads to go with it.   That's the plan.  Fingers crossed.   

Esteemed Contributor

I have not cooked anything since my husband passed away 3-1/2 years ago.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Since I don't have air conditioning as little as posible is being cooked in the house.  Will grill out or have salads.....today is cucumber, tomatoe, calamata olive and feta cheese salad.

Honored Contributor

Rolling out of the month of June (geez, where the time go???) Saturday we had grilled beef brisket burgers on brioche buns, sauteed onions and mushroom mix, sharp cheese, Mexican street corn.

Yesterday DH made stuffed poblanos, heated them on the grill and leftover Mexican street corn warmed on the grill too.

Tonight is leftover Monday - one poblano left that I'll have, DH will finish off the burgers.

Respected Contributor

Hayy July to one and all. No cooking at all yet, but hopefully will fix something for dinner. Am toying with steamed veggies in a WOK, love them that way.

Have a great day one and all and thanks for getting our thread started Mousiegirl.

Trusted Contributor

I made lemony coleslaw to accompany leftover rotisserie chicken from the deli.  

Afternoon tea was apricot hammantaschen with Darjeeling. (My husband bought goodies for me before he left on a 2-3 week business trip!). 

I don’t think I enjoy any “meal”  more than afternoons tea, although I do love my morning tea too!  

Thanks to all for your good wishes.