Respected Contributor

Re: What's cooking in this month of June?

@house_cat wrote:

@homedecor1 

I wish someone would do that while I was sleeping!  And pastina soup!  That's a blast from my past! I was raised on it, but I haven't found pastina in any of the grocery stores since I left NY in 2001.

Pastina has been very difficult to find in the grocery store.

Honored Contributor

Here to and if I see it (Barilla) I buy a few boxes.

Sometimes I just make it and add butter & garlic.

I wish someone would come in and clean while I'm sleeping🙂😉

@house_cat 

Respected Contributor

Good evening everyone.  House cat I get it. I have cut watermelon to find it tasting like cucumber and I took it back to the store all cur up.my wife said your actuality taking thatback.I'm like yup.I paid for it and I want a new one. When I buy a watermelon I learned to look for  really yellow spot.that means watermelon got ripe in the sun so it should be good and sweet. If the spot is white don't but it. It didn't ripen in the sun so it won't be nice and sweet. I spent almost 5 hours get ground ready to put up the pool tomorrow. Yestauday I cooked tortilinni ,hamburger mozzarella and grated cheese and today I cooked pork cutlets , coconut rice and corn with a sauce.chicken broth, flour,sour cream, and fresh dill. And I made a vanilla box cake and I made cream cheese frosting. Everything was delicious. Have a great rest of the week.

Esteemed Contributor

We took over shrimp and pasta, Caesar salad and breadsticks to Jack and two of his brothers for dinner. Simple, fresh food seems to agree with Jack's appetite. Raspberry cobbler made by a sil for dessert. The cobbler looked better than it tasted....but that could just be my off tastebuds as the guys ate evey bit of the  cobbler.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last night I made swiss cheese and ham, wrapped and baked in crescent rolls.  That's DH's type of meal, so he especially enjoyed it.  I made a tomato salad with vinaigrette dressing as a side.

Tonight we're having tortellini with meat sauce and a salad.

I had the day off yesterday, so I made blueberry scones. I gave a couple to my neighbor last night and I'll bring some for the office ladies at school today... which still leaves me with enough scones to do some serious damage to my waistline, assuming I actually had a waistline 🤣

Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 6.16.26 AM.png

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

House cat those scones look delicious I wish I was your neighbor I love to bake I suppose that’s why my waistline shows it also 😩
For lunch yesterday I met my daughter and 3 youngest grandchildren at Zaxby’s I had grilled house salad with light dressing no cheese, no toast 😩 , water
For supper we had grilled chicken ( again ) and salad , oil /vinegar dressing , unsweetened tea
I would have changed the protein last night but I had chicken already in refrigerator to use
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat 

Oh my....your scones look so delicious. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

@MOMMAVik 

Sounds like you had a house full of family and you were cooking up a storm and had a great time. Love it when family comes to visit, but it can also be a lot of extra work too. 

Esteemed Contributor

Up early and made a veggie salad to go with grilled honey mustard chicken breast kabobs and will take over to rehab later.

The weather here in Seattle has been so wonderful the past few weeks...sunny and dry. Atypical for May and June, but so nice.

Honored Contributor

While DH and I were away, I made some compromises, which I expected to happen. I didn't totally blow it, but it happens when other people are cooking and you aren't in control.  Today I need to get back on track.  I'll be pushing a lot of water and doing an extended fast today and part of tomorrow, about 35 hrs. During that time, DH will fend for himself.