Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's cooking in this month of June?

It is an icky 90 degrees.  I have felt perky the last few days so I am having daughter bring Chinese tonight.

She wants dumplings and fried rice, I an getting a small shrimp lo mein and a small shrimp chow mein which I have never had.

Needless to say, lunch tomorrow will be leftover Chinese.  Truth be told, my breakfast just may be leftover Chinese too.

Esteemed Contributor

My goodness you all are making me so hungry for a real meal. @JeanLouiseFinch happy birthday. Your prime rib dinner sounds SO dang good. I could eat a big ol' PC with aujus and horseradish sauce. Mmmmm.

My DILs have been doing a lot of the meal prep for Jack. He did ask for potato salad and I came home and prepped it all. Just have to wait for eggs and potatoes to cool off and then throw it all together. Not sure if it falls into low sodium, but he wants it and I will take him a small portion. I asked one of my dil to grill up a pork tenderloin w a garlic honey glaze and I think it will go well w the potato salad.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@Shihtzursqmom 

Welcome!  I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to join in - we're a friendly bunch if I do say so myself!

@JeanLouiseFinch 

🎶 Happy Birthday to you! 🎶

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Thanks so much, @house_cat!🌷

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks, @kate2357   I'm glad you're getting some help.  I think Jack having an appetite for home cooking is a good sign. 

Respected Contributor

Well our friends had to reschedule our dinner plans to next Saturday so no Cacio y Pepe tonight.  Instead DH and I are planning to go to the track to watch live horse racing this afternoon.  Nearby is a restaurant that serves Brunch all day including dinner time.  We will see if we can get a table for dinner. 

Honored Contributor

Just 2 of us here, so we will probably have a hamburger and hash browns.  

Esteemed Contributor

Potstickers for lunch and fresh lasagna (gift from a friend who makes the best!) for dinner!

Honored Contributor

BBQed beef short ribs, potato salad, baked beans, and coleslaw. 

Valued Contributor

Mushroom soup - in the trash. This astounds me. Have I made recipes I don't care for? Sure but I just don't make it again. I don't throw it in the trash. Food is too expensive to do that.