Respected Contributor

What's cooking in this month of August?

Good morning  everyone on this new month of August. This morning is bright and sunny with no humidity and temperatures in the low 50s. Awesome out. Yestauday we had lunch with my mil Anna. She made ham, French fries,  and pesto pasta.and last night we ordered Chinese food. Hope all of us have a great healthy month with lots of great food.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's cooking in this month of August?

@Pooky1, happy Sunday and what a beautiful, cool start to the month of August for you all up in Rhode Island, just perfect weather. 

Hope all is well with @Winifred, missing her posts.

Esteemed Contributor

Nice cool, dry weather up here in Northen MI after a nite of thunderstorms. Some tree leaves already beginning to turn so early fall, no doubt.

Looking forward to harvest season. Anyone canning or freezing? How are supplies for jars/lids/rings holding up near you?

I have some Granny Smith apples I should use up and have a taste for apple fritters. Came across some recipes for apple fritter quick bread! One commenter said she made french toast with it. OMG!

Valued Contributor

I'm looking forward to getting the most I can from the farmer's markets and enjoying things that I won't be able to get soon--like robust, delicious tomatoes, flavorful watermelon, sweet corn... I really miss the garden goodies when September ends.

Respected Contributor

I agree with you. I miss seeing Winifred on here to. Winifred we all miss you and hope your ok.  We had dinner with Anna today.she made pasta, meatballs, chicken salad, string bean and potato salad, fried Zucini, oven roasted potatoes, and more that I don't remember. All was very good. I saw a recipe for peach pound cake that looks really good. I will be trying it out this week.

Respected Contributor

Lots of good eating here! For us tonite there will be bbq ribs on the grill, sweet corn & coleslaw. Delicious cooling watermelon. Yesterday DH & his friend were at Costco. They each bought a watermelon. It was all DH could do to haul it into the house & downstairs to our spare refrigerator! It was delicious & enough left for a few more days. But I will chop some up for fruit salad. Have some blueberries, strawberries & nectarines to use up.

Thinking about @Winifred also. Everyone have a wonderful, relaxing evening & week ahead!
Honored Contributor

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood today, sunny and Septemberlike.  I have some local errands to do and also have to go pick up my weekly egg order.

For lunch today, im looking forward to:

*A big, fresh, colorful salad with some bleu cheese crumbles. I haven't decided yet,  which salad dressing I'll choose.

*A hard boiled egg, sprinkled with pepper and everything bagel seasoning 

*A few fresh blueberries 

*A caramel-pumpkin cold brew iced latte 

Dinner:

*Grilled chicken breast with mozzarella cheese and topped with pesto

*Roasted zucchini

Frequent Contributor

I just finished cooking a package of bacon for turkey club sandwiches tonight.  Nice and easy!

Honored Contributor

We will eat meatloaf, beef rice-a-roni, fresh green beans and slaw for supper tonight.

Respected Contributor

Good evening everyone. Great summer day. About 80 with no humidity. I made cabbage and beans great northern beans and chickpeas and a peach pound cake. Both were very good. Maria has been working all week and she hasn't been feeling well. She will be going to a nerosergeon in a couple weeks. She's probably 

will be having brain surgery. She has fluid not draining and its causing Really bad headaches, eye problems, balance issues and so much more. So I have been doing most of the cooking. I don't mind doing it. Hope you all have a great week.