Honored Contributor

Re: What's cooking in April?

Beef stew made with the leftover beef tenderloin, and homemade rolls are in our bellies today.   

Respected Contributor

Today will have a pork roast with carrots,potatoes,and onions in the oven. Also will have sauerkraut.

Have a great week and good eating to all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

On the menu for dinner tonight, keto fried chicken.  I’m going to reduce the recipe and cut the chicken breast into strips. Instead of the spicy mayo, I may just make some buffalo sauce.  Serving with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing and either roasted brussel sprouts or roasted asparagus.  

KETO FRIED CHICKEN

w/Spicy Mayo Dipping Sauce

Makes 6-8 servings

INGREDIENTS:

FOR THE CHICKEN

6 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (about 4 lbs.)

Kosher salt 

Freshly ground black pepper

2 large eggs

1/2 c. heavy cream

3/4 c. almond flour

1 1/2 c. finely crushed pork rinds

1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan 

1 tsp. garlic powder

1/2 tsp. paprika

FOR THE SPICY MAYO

1/2 c. mayonnaise

1 1/2 tsp. hot sauce

DIRECTIONS

• Preheat oven to 400° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. 
  • In a shallow bowl whisk together eggs and heavy cream. In another shallow bowl, combine almond flour, pork rinds, Parmesan, garlic powder, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. 
  • Working one at a time, dip chicken in egg mixture and then in almond flour mixture, pressing to coat. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. 
  • Bake until chicken is golden and internal temperature reaches 165°, about 45 minutes. (If you go for boneless skinless chicken you'll want to decrease the bake times.) 
  • Meanwhile, make dipping sauce: In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise and hot sauce. Add more hot sauce depending on preferred spiciness level. 
  • Serve chicken warm with dipping sauce. 
Respected Contributor

Had a lot of ham left over from Easter so few days back I bagged it and put in the Freezer for  a rainy day. Also can thaw out some of the slices for sandwiches later when I get the urge - and I will. some of the ham will also be used for seasonings. Works great.

Just do not use food like I use to. Well who does? But at any rate I still manage to fill my tummy each and every day.

The two cats here also eat well. What a nuisance to go out these days Course I got a lot older and not quite as healthy as I once was. I do enjoy using Sam's Club for some of my deliveries - sure makes it nice.

Hope all had a glorious weekend and today is leading all of us to a very nice week - well here is hoping.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon everyone. Well thay said cloudy all day but it's been sunny most of the day and very nice out. I got out and got a few things done outside. Yesterday Ria cooked salsbury steak with mashed potatoes and gravy and corn. We had it today allso . it was very good. hope everyone has a good week. 

Respected Contributor

Will make shake and bake chicken and roasted potatoes. I make my own"'shake mix" with bread crumbs and seasonings and put it in a baggie. Will also have a green salad. 

Honored Contributor

Tonight is chef’s salad night at our house.  It’s not fancy but it’s a favorite.  I like to dress mine with a Walden Farms Calorie Free Dressing or MCT oil and sprinkled with Everything But the Bagel Seasoning. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Windy, cloudy & cold here. Dinner will be chicken noodle soup, blt sandwiches & fruit salad.

I am getting hungry & envious reading all of your delicious menus here.

Thank you for posting your keto recipes & menus, @JeanLouiseFinch. I have been thinking about trying that food plan. My friend has had great success with it.

Honored Contributor

@MOMMAVik wrote:

Windy, cloudy & cold here. Dinner will be chicken noodle soup, blt sandwiches & fruit salad.

I am getting hungry & envious reading all of your delicious menus here.

Thank you for posting your keto recipes & menus, @JeanLouiseFinch. I have been thinking about trying that food plan. My friend has had great success with it.

You're quite welcome, @MOMMAVik.  I'm passionate about it and think it often gets a bad rap because some people don't understand it.  Done right, it's really healthy and you don't feel like you're missing out.  If you do proceed, please commit to 30 days.  The first two weeks can be rough for some people as they transition from sugar buring to fat burning.  That rough patch is called the keto flu, but it doesn't last.  If you have any questions, you know where to find me.  Good luck! 

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone. Not a real nice day here in Sou  Ca; today. Quite chilly, little windy and NO SUN at all. Not good. In a few days suppose to be up in the 80s however. We shall see.

No great cooking but last night did fix a HUGE pot roast. And only me here. Great roast, onions, baby carrots and did not do mashed potatoes but just but some of the red skin potatoes up and cooked them in with the rest. Usually fix mashed potatoes but since no one else was  here I did that. Worked fine so have plenty of food tonight. Davey was with his Dad last night helping him and I was not aware he was not coming back home but there is plenty of food to warm up tonight.

Hope all had a great day.