Respected Contributor

Re: What's cooking for April 2018 = = = = =

@RedTop wrote:

@Danky,

My teacher daughter rarely eats mashed potatoes, and husband didn’t want anything besides meat and salad.   No bread even.  

Teacher daughter had chinchillas in the cages.  She had 2 females and a male, as classroom pets at different times.  

@RedTop----I hope you know that my comment was in no way meant as a criticism of your meal.....simply be playful !

I have toyed with the idea of getting chinchillas for years. Almost did 10 years ago but I was outvoted and ferrets took their place. 

Honored Contributor

@Danky,

No criticism taken, and I appreciate you saying you like the foods we eat, and could easily eat a meal with us.   

My husband and I like simple food; easy meals.   I have many food allergies and food intolerances, so I cook things I can eat, and the family has learned to adapt.   Teacher daughter is by far the hardest to please.  Trucker daughter is happy just to sit down and eat food on a plate with real silverware!   

Respected Contributor

I THINK we are having Pizza tonight. Last night we had a great roast I got at Aldi's - it was seasoned with garlic and a very yummy herb dressing - sooo good. Also had fresh green beans, carrots and red skinned baked potatoes. Super good!!!

Got a tad warm today - Ricky is here now, and was going to bring Leah also but this lady who adores her wanted her to stay so I said OK, and I will pick her up tomorrow. 

Still need to find some time to do some in depth cleaning - I think I may be just a tad too old for that these days. LOL. Did get some weeds sprayed out front and also those shooting up thru the cracks in the "paved" road. what a joke. Lot more to get done however.

Hope all had a super good day.

Honored Contributor

My Mom had a late doctors appt today, so trucker daughter cooked supper tonight for anyone who wanted to eat what she cooked, which was fish, crab cakes, asparagus and stuffed potatoes.   She and her boyfriend, and my husband, are chowing down right now, but I don’t eat fish or crab cakes, and will dig out leftovers as soon as my kitchen airs out!  

Respected Contributor

Red Top - am on your side. Cannot stand those stinky seafood whatevers. Yuk for sure. 

Respected Contributor

good afternoon everyone.hope everyone is doing well. nice down this end just a little cool. tonight for dinner left over chicken and rice soup. maria is awaiting her next surgery on tuesday. hope everyone has a great weekend.

Respected Contributor

For dinner I tossed  a boneless chuck roast in the slow cooker - added a BIG sweet onion and HUGE head of cabbage a few hours after the roast started cooking. Added as a Go With were scrumptious red skinned potatoes which I mashed - skin and all. Super good dinner But I am very tired

Hope all ate well also - well of course all did

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

a big pot of stuffed peppers 1/2 for sunday dinner & 1/2 to freeze

a pot of chicken & dumplings  and chicken pot pies for freezer

pot of sauce (gravy) with brasciol,meatballs & sausage for freezer

today made 6 dozen cutout sugar cookies, oatmeal cookies, choc chips and french vanilla cake fiilled with coconut creme with 7min italian icing for weekly dessert!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

a big pot of stuffed peppers 1/2 for sunday dinner & 1/2 to freeze

a pot of chicken & dumplings  and chicken pot pies for freezer

pot of sauce (gravy) with brasciol,meatballs & sausage for freezer

today made 6 dozen cutout sugar cookies, oatmeal cookies, choc chips and french vanilla cake fiilled with coconut creme with 7min italian icing for weekly dessert!

@homedecor1  Wow, you are set for a while now.  I love a marathon cooking day, rather than cooking every night, feels so good to have the freezer stocked for meals on nights when I am not up to cooking.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl

I did that marathon cooking based on "healthy & medical" issues I've been experiencing during our remodel.  The baking was to finish up "leftover" baking ingredients -- I put in small bags, take over to our community room. I know someone will enjoy them (I always put ingredient tags on them).

For the past few weeks I've been feeling "lousy" and I have advanced osteoarthritis & just tested recently positive for Rheumatoid.  My hands are to the point I can barely bend my fingers from the joint swelling. UGH!!!

My joints are a mess☹️.  Then I realized we've been eating fast food, lunchmeat for quick lunches & sometimes take-out. All full of sodium & bad stuff!!! Plus, I was drinking a lot more coffee & ice tea.

I cook every day and once in awhile we go to a restaurant (not chain).  

So getting back on track...fresh foods, water & salads!  Before I fly up north I'll be seeing my RA dr. -- I've been trying to hold off taking medicines like Lyrica, Meloxican, Humara, etc. but may need too☹️