Valued Contributor

What's cooking at your house this delightful December?

FreeVintageImagesofChristmasClipArt37.jpgMorning,

I forgot to start this thread yesterday. Sorry. I thought we needed a reminder of why we celebrate Christmas. Seems we get farther and farther from the real reason. Try to find Christmas cards without Santa, snowmen, reindeer, etc. Sad. And it is "Merry Christmas", not happy holidays for me. Okay, enough said.

Still have the lingering effects of this cold. But much better. It was 2 weeks Saturday, so I think it will taper off soon.

Did some Christmas shopping yesterday and ordered a few things on line. Have you seen the flying monkeys? They are stuffed monkey with a cape and fly through the air from a sling-shot. They make noise and can go up to 50 ft. That was a must for Nelson's 4 sons who love this sort of thing.

Weather here has been unusally warm for this time of year. Not sure what is going on. Was 50 on Saturday and in the high forties yesterday.

Must start us off with a recipe. I love this recipe for make ahead mashed potatoes. It is a time saver as you can make them up to 3 days ahead and the family loves them.Here goes:

Make Ahead Potato Surprise

8 med. potatoes, cooked and mashed

1 carton sour cream (8 oz.)

1 t. onion salt

1 t. garlic salt

Butter

Paprika

Add cream cheese, sour cream and spices to the mashed potatoes. Mix well. Put in 13 x 9 glass baking dish. Top with butter and paprika. Bake at 350 for 30 - 40 minutes.

I guarantee this recipe.

Best to all enjoy this second day of the Christmas season.