Respected Contributor

Re: What's cooking at your house this January?

Had the rest of my Roasted red peppers tomato soup from Trader Joe's last night. Also had some of the Ritz roasted veggie crackers with it. That soup is really yummy!!!!! Also figured out that was a good way to eat those delicious crackers as I had to stop putting cream cheese on them. LOL. Have my scales sitting out in the living room and it was a week ago I had my chewing out at my MDs - have lost 6 pounds just by dropping the ice cream and cream cheese. Wink Hope some more falls off as his office already called me and set up a return appointment next month. I have NEVER had to go back but I have a sneaky feeling he is going to check on my weight. What can I say!!!! Kind of funny however but for MY sake I had best not put any weight ON.

Cold this morning but no rain although it was predicted - now they are saying perhaps tonight. Hmn.

Stripes has started his bad behavior again after a month of being an angel - he did not come in last night and so far has not shown up this morning. He had been so good for a month I had hoped his ornery one month of bad behavior had stopped - something is making him return to it. I was worried yesterday as every time I walked outside he took off running and the last time - about mid afternoon, he headed toward Johnny's but I never saw him again. Sure called and called him.

Had my laser work done on my eyes last night and it was a piece of cake - both eyes done in a few minutes - literally. They warned me that I would have some floaters perhaps for a few days. They are driving me nuts as they look like little black bugs flying around. Geesh. Hope they do go away soon. No pain, no restrictions, etc - they said I could play tennis, exercise or do anything I wanted to.

No clue what for dinner - probably chicken or pork chops with something. Will figure it out.

Valued Contributor

Morning,

Winifred, I too had to have my eyes zapped a few years ago. You are right, so easy. Painless. Quickly done and off you go. I just don't understand that Stripes either. Interesting.

We went to see the figure skaters that are practicing here at Ellington ice rink for the winter Olympics. We arrived an hour before to see a huge line snaking around the outside of the building and also inside too. We were told they had given out only so many tickets(free) so they could be sure of enough seating. We were about 20 people behind the last of the ticket holders. Some had arrived and stood in line 3 hours.

DH wanted to leave but I said no, let's wait and see. Well, guess what! They allowed about 20 more people in and we made it. Was interesting to see the skaters go through parts of their routine then check with their coaches on the sidelines. We were also treated to seeing the British skaters too who were there to practice for the Olympics. To tell the truth, they were better than our skaters. Will be fun to see them on TV in Russia.

Weather was much cooler yesterday and cloudy. Today started with rain but clearing now. Nelson is playing on golfing at noon. But he will be wearing long pants as it is warmer but still chilly.

Dinner was at a seafood place and no breakfast yet this morning. But. of course, had to have some coffee.

Valued Contributor

Morning all,

Hope you had a good night's sleep and are ready for a wonderful day. it is raining here this morning but that's okay. It usually stops by noon and that big old sun comes shinning out of the clouds.

I'm heading out for lunch and cards with some friends who are about an hour away. These gals are from my area at home and the three of them are sharing a house together for the month.

Went to another tea house with my friend yesterday. Very, very cute. We were able to pick our on tea cups and to choose one of the many hats to wear. Lunch was lovely and the owner gave me one of her tasty scones to take home along with her honey, homemade pear butter, and lemon curd. That was my breakfast this morning.

Dinner was cube steak, fried red potatoes, tomato slices, and fresh cauliflower with cheese. Dh and friend played in the sprinkles yesterday but said they had enjoyed it as they had the course to themselves...wonder why?

Enjoy this day!

Respected Contributor

Well I did post, don't know what happened, but thinking of you all

Take Care

Respected Contributor

Am haveing some Trader Joe's veggie bird nests - love those things - that is it!! Tomorrow will start fixing some chili for Super Bowl. As far as I know TEssa and DAvey will be here for it - they wanted to bring a couple friends but I said no. I know both kids and they are well behaved however it still takes watching, not sleeping, etc., etc and I am just too tired. Getting more and more difficult - takes a lot of energy just for my Grands, much less two more kids. Not only that last few times Tessa and Avey have been here they have brought friends with short notice - takes a lot of extra $$$ to do this every time they come here - they just have to understand!

So I do hope the Broncos win!!!

Spix, GLAD to see you back here!

Cold out West, guess our Springtime we have had for the past few months has left AND we had some drizzle last night. Not a lot but it will help. Keep saying the prayers we continue to have some more rain - we sure need it.

BOTH cats and Conrad are in for the night - thank goodness. STripes was a no show night before last! Sleep well everyone.

Cowboy, we are still waiting for you to come on back and give us one of your howdys. We also want to know how the Girls are doing.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

OK I'll try again, here I sit looking at the snow, yikes! pretty coming down but later the shoveling won't be fun, it's going to continue (8+") then more on Tuesday, then deep freeze again, what a winter this has been.

Winifred stand your ground, you can only do so much for those kids & you do do a lot I'm sure they appreciate it. Glad your eye laser went well does it make a difference in how you see? Keep eating healthy as you always do, I love veggies also. Hope Stripes comes back, do you think someone is mistreating him & that makes him shy of any human?

Soushi Oh lucky you away from all this, the tea room sounds lovely & such fun for the girls to get together. Getting to watch the skaters practice must have been a real treat glad you got in to see them.

Last nite was hot dogs & tamales, really good & not really cooking. Tonite will do some pork cube steaks heard they are really good, have some chicken legs & thighs to make a pot of soup good weather for that. Been thinking of chop suey, but I don't seem to be able to make a good one, any recipes? suggestions?

Predsfan good wake up pix today, love those puppies, really miss mine.

Take Care