Valued Contributor

What's cooking at your house this January?

/>Morning,</p> <p>It is a NEW YEAR! It will be hard to remember for awhile. A new year is full of hope and like a gift wrapped package, ready to be opened. Wishing for all of us that we will be given many great surprises.</p> <p>We had dinner last night at a favorite restaurant with friends. The restaurant specializes in lobster, so I had their lobster bisque and lobster for my entrée. All very good, we toasted to the new year and then were in bed at 10:30. No big party for us.</p> <p>Think we will have a cube steak for breakfast. Tired of eggs and those steaks sure look good. Maybe some toast, I'll try not to burn it this time and not set off the smoke alarms.</p> <p>Very best to all, enjoy the day.</p>

Respected Contributor

Re: What's cooking at your house this January?

My post went POOF don't know why. Soushi thanx for starting us off, lobster oh my, love it. Are you in the land of sunshine? enjoy cause we are having snow, snow, & more snow, I'm going to have to suit up & get out there before it becomes overwhelming, I think it's the light fluffy kind so shouldn't be too bad, yeah right! Hoping you all have a great 2014

Baked ham & au gratin on the menu today

Take Care

Respected Contributor

Happy 2014!! I want to say how much I have enjoyed reading and being a part of this thread in the past year. It's so pleasant and it is nice to read little bits of your daily lives and menus. I wish everyone the best this year!

Valued Contributor

Glad to see you birkin baby! Thanks for those kind words. We like to think of this spot as gentle, kind place to be. We like to cook and we like to eat.

spix, yes, we are in Florida. Weather could be a little warmer but it is January and that is to be expected. The sun is shinning. Sorry about the white stuff.Don 't overdo the shoveling.

I'm picking up a friend to shop. We will have a lunch out but will be a light one for me. Too much eating out.

Friend's husband and Nelson will golf today. Those "boys" are so excited. They haven't golfed since November. You would like it has been years.

2014 will be a good year, I can feel it!

Contributor

Since I am by myself I will fix a baked,butterfly pork chop and hoppin john and a baked sweet potato.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Good Morning and Happy New Year, Everyone. December was not a fun month for me and I didn't post in the thread at all. In late November, I finally made it to a very long put off and very long needed GYNE exam. By now, at my age, I should be over menopause but I've still been having random bleeding. Not knowing what to expect as I went through the process, I thought I was in a tapering off stage, but she said no, that I'm having abnormal bleeding. Here I thought I was just going in for a pap smear, but I ended up having a pelvic ultrasound, endometrial biopsy, a D & C w/hysteroscopy, another biopsy....ugh, that waiting for results was the worst part. I'm very happy and grateful to God, that all the tests came back negative for cancer, but the doc still thinks a hysterectomy is in order, to eliminate any future risks. I see the doc next week for the follow-up from the D & C and to plan for my surgery. I don't relish what I'm in for, but I know it's the best option. I'm trying to turn it into a positive and believe it's just one more thing on the list for me to return to good health in 2014.

Last night I conked out early. DH said he came to the bedroom for our New Year's kiss and I was already sleeping hard. He said he kissed my head, but I didn't feel a thing. This morning I made an Ortega Breakfast Casserole and Blueberry Coffee Cake. Both were delish! And now it's a day of football in this house. Since we had a bigger breakfast than usual, we're skipping lunch, except for maybe a piece of fruit, and then later on I'll set out some snacks that will serve as our dinner.

Cheers to all and may you all be blessed with a healthy, happy 2014. I hope to become more of a regular here this year.

Honored Contributor

JeanLouise .... You do need a New Year. Bless your heart. I hope 2014 is a much better year for you. Blessings to you and I hope everything turns out well.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

JeanLouise sending you good wishes & prayers, I had that done some time ago, it's the waiting that's the worse, I'm sure you're in good hands & all will be well for you in 2014, chime in whenever you feel up to it.

BirkinBaby you got that right, sure is nice & comfy around here, we welcome all, if you have to vent we uinderstand & recipes always welcome.

madame j like you I'm alone, so except when the troops come over, it's just cooking for one so I know where you're coming from, love sweet potato's & of course pork chops sounds like a good meal, never made hoppin john

Predsfan as usual your pix are wonderful TY

Winifred too where are you? much party last nite LOL, hope the family is well & all your critters also

Soushi enjoy your stay, sure happy to see your still posting

I did some shoveling, was out in front when DS came by & of course said STOP he'll be back later w/snow blower & also will plow out the alley, had paying customers to do first, I'm last on the list but hey who cares, love him to death. and this stuff is not stopping just keeps coming & coming, glad I went to the library the other day so I'm stocked up

Take Care

Valued Contributor

Not because it is a New Year's resolution, but because of some health issues we are trying to correct, we are having the cabbage soup for lunch someone posted recently. I tasted it and it is pretty good and "Oh, so good" for you. Supper will be a rotisseri chicken cooked at home, sweet potatoes, sauteed cabbage and perhaps a small salad. We are off to a good start with basically a No sugar, No flour diet to see how it goes. Something has got to change and I hope this way of eating will do it. Bet some of you on here have tried it and I wonder how people do on it.