Valued Contributor

Re: What's cook this Marvelous March at your house?

Evening all,

We had the White Castle Pie for dinner tonight. I always bake it in a 8 x 8 glass pan and cut it in squares. DH just loves this.

White Castle Burger Pie

1 # ground beef

1 pk Onion Soup Mix(didn't have so used onion powder)

1/4 C. Heavy Cream (I used 1/2 and 1/2)

1/2 C. mayo

2 eggs

8 oz shredded cheddar cheese

salt/pepper

Brown beef with 1/2 of the packet of onion soup mix. Drain off fat and mix in remaining soup mix.

In a seperate bowl, whisk cream, mayo, eggs, salt, pepper.

Put the beef into the bottom of a greased pie plate. Stir in 1/2 of the cheese with the meat.

Sprinkle the other 1/2 of the cheese on top of the meat. Pour the cream mixture over the top of beef/cheese mixture.

Bake 350 degrees for 30-35 min. This so good!

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

Dinner tonight:

Pepperoni Pizza Chicken Bake

Ingredients:

1 jar (14 oz) pizza sauce, reduced to 1 cup

4 large boneless-skinless chicken breasts (I used chicken tenders)
1 T olive oil
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. garlic powder
6 oz. piece of part-skim Mozzarella, sliced about 1/4 inch thick(I used shredded)
2 oz. sliced pepperoni (regular or turkey pepperoni)

Preheat oven to 400F/200C. Put the pizza sauce in a small saucepan and simmer over low heat until it's reduced to one cup, about 20 minutes.

While the sauce reduces, trim the chicken breasts and cut each one crosswise to make two same-size pieces. Put chicken pieces one at a time inside a heavy plastic bag and use a meat mallet to pound the chicken until it's as thin as you can get it without it shredding apart.

Mix the Greek oregano and garlic powder in a little bowl and then sprinkle both sides of each piece of chicken with the mixture.

Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in the largest non-stick frying pan you have (you may have to do this in 2 batches if your pan isn't big enough.) Add the chicken

pieces and cook 1-2 minutes on each side, just long enough to brown the chicken but not long enough to cook it through.

Cut the Mozzarella into slices and cut the slices as needed to make enough pieces to mostly cover the top of each piece of chicken.

Top each piece with sliced Mozzarella and pepperoni slices, covering the top of each piece of chicken as much as you can.

Bake uncovered about 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and starting to brown and the pepperoni is slightly crisped.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

Morning,

Sun is shinning but still cool. Our weather is all over the place. Just like the stock market. We had snow last Monday. Have had some very cool days with spitting snow. Now today, suppose to be 60. Typical weather for March here in Indiana.

Getting frustrated. DH and I have been on low carb a month and we aren't getting anywhere. I do the cooking and we are eating less, low carb, no sugar, no flour products. But nothing is happening. Not sure what is going on.

Here is a really good dessert. Would be good for Easter. But, no, I'm not making it. Enjoy.

Luscious Lemon Delight

Ingredients

· 1 cup all-purpose flour

· 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, divided

· 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened

· 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened

· 1 cup confectioners' sugar

· 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided

· 2 (3.4-ounce) packages lemon instant pudding mix

· 2 2/3 cups milk

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375F.

Combine flour, 1/2 cup pecans and butter in a medium bowl and mix well. Press onto the bottom of an 11 x 8-inch baking dish. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Let stand to cool.

Place cream cheese in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer set at medium speed until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and beat until mixture is light and fluffy.

Add 1 cup whipped topping to cream cheese mixture and fold in gently. Spread over cooled crust.

Combine pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl. Beat until thickened. Spread on top of cream cheese layer. Top with the remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Chill, covered, for 1 hour. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.

Spix, I'm anxious to know how your ham turns out. Every time I've shared the recipe, it has always gotten rave reviews.

Respected Contributor

Morning, weather here about the same as Soushi's, we're not too far away. Yesterday had a pork roast, gravy, mashed, have lots of leftovers, thinking of trying to make pancakes from the mashed, haven't tried it for years cause they never turned out right, saw the post re this so I'm going to try again, any tips appreciated. Will heat the pork in gravy & add a veggie.

Soushi, will let you know about the ham, anxious to try it.

Winifred, the Stripes saga continues, sure wish I could meet him, glad you are so willing to accept him as he is, HAH!

Preds, enjoying the pix as usual

Where is everyone?

Take Care

Respected Contributor

Spix, everyone loves STripes - I think most of the neighbors would take him in for sure. He is a sweetheart BUT very strongheaded. He has the sweetest temperament you would want to see in a cat - but he DOES like to do his thing from time to time.

Had Amber and her boyfriend for dinner - they helped me put up that windmill a week or so ago and I got STRONG hints they would like a good homecooked meal. LOL. Fixed a roast in the slow cooker with a pkg of au jus, pkg of buttermilk ranch and peperoncini peppers - put everything on top of the roast and let it cook - absolutely delicious. Also had buttered carrots, green beans and mashed taters - also fixed cornbreak from scratch. Good meal and they young people were more than happy - so was I to have had their help with the windmill.

Very very HOT today - it needs to cool off a bit. We are not ready for this heat

Got my first water bill under the new rules. This is so stupid. It may not sound like a lot but it really is as I have done most of my clothes washing at the laundromat which has cost me a fortune in order to cut back on water. At any rate my usage was very small compared to my past bills yet it was 100 percent more in cost. Something wrong in all of this when you add in my $15 to $20 a week at the laundromat in order to save water so I do not get fined at my home. Welcome to California.

Critters are all inside - and I am really sleepy. Was a busy day - one cat to the Vet and she would not diddle for them so had to stay there most of the day. Two trips back and forth, school is back in so two trips back and forth to school since our district got rid of all the buses three years ago and we have no city buses and so it goes. Like I say all the time now, California is no longer the gold state - wish I was out of here.

Hope all had a great day. Will not have to worry about meals for the next few days as I have plenty left from tonight and a ton left from last night. Sigh.

Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

On 3/31/2015 Preds said:

Good Morning to you, Preds.

Boop

Honored Contributor