Respected Contributor

Re: What's cook this Marvelous March at your house?

Afternoon, just home from O'Hare, quite busy with the catch-up from yesterdays Spring Blizzard. Tonite will be sausage ravioli (frozen) have some leftover sauce in the fridge, make a salad & done

Dear Soushi, how awful for what you & Nelson are going thru, glad you pushed at the VA, sometimes we need to do that, hope everything works out for the best, you both are in my prayers. I've seen that chicken recipe & wondered about it, please let me know how it tuns out.

Take Care

Respected Contributor

Soushi, am cooking my chicken that way for dinner tonight - I had it once before an dit is absolutely heavenly. Am having white rose potato salad and fresh green beans as go withs. Yummy for sure.

Got Davey to the dentist and he was been a grouch going, while there, coming home and constantly. Have no clue why he is so grouchy. told him a bit ago if he could not talk nice I expect him to at least keep it zipped. These kids are something else when things do not go their way but I worry about Davey as I do not know why he seems to be so unhappy. I really think he wants more time with his Mom and she does not seem to understand that - neither does his Dad. Just not right.

SEars was out and cleaned my washer and dryer and replaced a couple small things on the dryer - well it is 10 years old and runs like a charm. He was not much help on cleaning the washer however. These computerized thingies. Biggest problem is I use fabric softener and it sure makes a mess but nothing I can do about it except spend a good while after washing attempting to clean it to some degree. He suggested using a ball but I told him since the washer is computerized the ball did not know exactly when to open up. LOL.

Got warm today and by Friday it should be 95. Come on out everyone!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Where oh Where is Preds. Miss her morning greetings. LOL

Boop

Respected Contributor

I too am wondering about Preds - do hope all is well. Sometimes we just get caught up in other things so am hoping she is fine. I miss her greetings. Preds, stop by and let us know you are well.

Am planning to fix dinner for the young people who put up my windmill for me. They all said they loved to eat - one young man said he really liked cornbread - his GRandma always made it and he asked if I did. Of course cornbread will be on the menu. Suspect I will put a roast in the slow cooker - debated on that or spaghetti and decided corn bread would taste better with a roast or something more like that. LOL.

Very chilly right now but another HOT day on tap - probably in the 90s again.

Will let everyone know how it turned out.

Have a great day everyone.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2015 flbettyboop said:

Where oh Where is Preds. Miss her morning greetings. LOL

Boop

I'm sorry! Smiley Sad

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

Friend just emailed me in a panic.

She lost this recipe and she already had the ham.

Said it really is the best ham ever. So thought I would repost it for everyone.

If you haven't tried it, you should!

Awesome Baked Ham

· 15 lbs whole bone-in ham

· 1/2 cup yellow mustard

· aluminum foil

In a medium size mixing bowl, mix yellow mustard and brown sugar until you have a thick"paste".

Take all wrappers off of ham and trim away excess fat.

Line baking pan (I spray with Pam in case some of the brown sugar mixture escapes, clean up is easier) with Aluminum foil.

Place ham on foil and spread brown sugar/mustard paste on top.

Fold and seal foil.

Do not open again until ham is done.

Bake at 350° for 4 hours.

Let set for about 1 hr then carve.

One of the best tasting hams you will ever have!

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Happy to see Preds back, really missed you

Soushi I'm going to try that ham recipe for Easter, I only have a half so I'll adjust the directions

Winifred, Wow you're back in the 90's, but at least you cool off at nite, I don't think we'll see those temps for awhile

Cool here today 30's, but I'm going to put burgers on the grill, probably will take a little longer but don't feel like cleaning the stove, frozen french fries in the oven, another easy one

We're supposed to get into the 60's this coming week so hope Spring is here to stay

Take Care

Respected Contributor

H O T again today.

Did NOT fix dinner as I THOUGHT I would have the house to myself AND ALSO I went to the annual Women's Club fundraiser - lunch and fashion show. Times have changed. Eons ago, while I never joined, I often went. Not the same and I was a tad bored. The days of organizations serving meals super well I think must be gone as I have gone to several in the past couple years and been very disappointed. This was catered as often is the case but they used young teens to serve. One meal at a time walked out from the kitchen - I could NOT believe it. Took 50 minutes to get the last person served. I remember when I was in Business and PRofessional Women, while club or district president, I would have been nailed big time to ever have done that. Tried really hard to get my number drawn for the most beautiful quilt you would ever want to see. Of course it did not happen but did get the table arrangement - not bad at all.

Was home digging out the other bedroom which is a disgrace but no one seems to want to get it clean/picked up/ and in walks Davey and his Mom. Had no clue they would be back tonight as they had said tomorrow. WEll they fixed their own dinner. Guess that is fair.

Stripes is in for the night and boy howdy is he unhappy but he will remain in. Hopefully he will not streak out one time when a door is opened. Last two nights I could not get him in at all but was waiting to come in when I woke up about 4 or so in the mornings. What a character.

Not sure what will be for dinner tomorrow - Sunday actually seems to be easy to come up with something as I just go back in time to our Sunday dinners. LOL.

Hope all had a great day.