Honored Contributor

What's Your Favorite Turkey Breast to Cook?

What brand do you like best?  Size?  Boneless? 

Have you ever cooked a really big one?  And how do you cook them?

Inquiring minds would like to know!

Many thanks!  Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's Your Favorite Turkey Breast to Cook?

I have purchased 2-3 lb bone in turkey breasts at whole foods.   They are quite delicous.

I put mine in the crockpot with a bit of turkey broth and fresh herbs.  Usually make a vegetable , mashed potatos and gravy!   It falls apart and comes out great!  This is making me look forward to Thanksgiving Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

My favorite is the bone in turkey breast at Whole Foods.  Not organic though.  I don't buy them anymore because they got insanely expensive.

Honored Contributor

No special brand----just what I find at the grocery store---but I have had incredibly delicious luck cooking a 2 lb one in my air fryer---the best I have ever cooked---it was bone in --nothing fancy or pricy------always use a meat thermometer to make sure it is done tho. Has skin on it that I season heavily on and under-----turn it over once and cook some more. Will do that for T-Day this year. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I usually buy a whole smoked turkey breast so no need to cook it. Absolutely divine.

I think one of my neighbors has a smoke house! LOL! I can smell stuff smoking when the wind is just right. It does smell good but it gets old when I smell it night after night.

Honored Contributor

butterball bone in......as large as i can find.

i really wish my oven was big enough to hold both a whole butterball turkey AND a bone in turkey breast. i miss having a double oven!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I try to find a Butterball at least five pounds and put it in my six quart Nesco roaster (from QVC, circa 1990)

Esteemed Contributor

I've also had WF including organic and highly recommend if you can get past the price point.

I've also served Honey Baked Ham's turkey breast already prepared for those holidays when I'm in a time crunch. Also pricey but what is cheap, anymore?!

Honored Contributor

Honeysuckle White, bone in, largest ones I can find.   I usually roast two 7 lb breasts for Thanksgiving, and that feeds 5 of us for 2 days.    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner 

In addition to a large turkey, I learned if DS gets enough of his leftovers, I'd better do a turkey breast.

I have a large crock pot.

I get around a 9 lb bone in no additives or hormones bone in breast.

I cut out the back bone so the lid will close.

After spraying the inside with olive oil, I cover the breast with melted butter.

The underside and outside gets a very generous rubbing of marjoram, celery seed, and poultry seasoning, which is what I put on my stuffed turkey.  

It makes the best turkey I have ever, ever tasted.  I got the spices from my step grandmother.  No one, not even resturants could touch her turkey.  Being older, she only did a smaller turkey, so there wasn't leftovers. 

Right after she passed, I did Thanksgiving.  Her younger son, my "uncle" was eating with us.  He couldn't believe I had recreated that flavor, but I had asked her repeatedily what she did until, as a very young cook, I could remember.).

I loved this meal more than Christmas Day's dinner.Smiley Happy