Honored Contributor

Re: What's Your Favorite Healthy Snack?

Fruit or cashews that are raw and unsalted

Super Contributor

NUTS .......POPCORN........PICKLES

Honored Contributor

I love to melt peanut butter and chocolate chips together, then dip apple slices into the warm mix.

Super Contributor

apple slices with peanut butter, mixed nuts, yogurt, fruit

Honored Contributor

In the summer, watermelon. Lately my "go to snack" has been ice cold grapes, red or purple grapes. Love them. I also love grapefruit sections, I buy pin grapefruit in jars. I eat a big bowl when I'm watching tv. It's replaced that bowl of icecream I used to eat in the evenings.

Honored Contributor

Ooh, I love watermelon - nice and cold. I love cold grapes, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries. I do tend to macerate the berries so I guess that detracts a bit from their healthiness.

I like apples (Gala, of course) and apples with a little peanut butter are wonderful.

Almonds are a good choice but, like with any nut, moderation matters quite a bit.

I pretty much love all vegetables. Can't go wrong there, as long as you aren't adding a bunch of goopy qrap to them. Fortunately, I don't like that kind of stuff, so it works out well. The furthest I would go is like peanut butter with celery, or cheese.

Trusted Contributor

Grapes, bananas, air popped popcorn

Super Contributor

Thanks for your input ladies! There are a lot of good ideas for me to choose from here. But I'd better be careful or I'll put on weight snacking on these new ideas!

Trusted Contributor

After working like a crazy person to lose a huge chunk of weight over the last 4 years I decided it was best for me to longer snack.

But once a week on Saturday nights when I'm ready to watch "my movie of the week", the DH drags out the Whirly-pop and makes a batch of popcorn that we split down the middle. Light on the salt and a few sprays of butter and that's my treat for the week.

I get very cranky when other commitments interfere with popcorn night! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

Cherub tomatoes and hummus.